The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

It doesn't have to be a 2nd team, it can be a mix...Trossard, Vieira, Trossard, Holding, KT, Tomiyasu, Elneny, ESR with a few of the first XI lads...

They'd be eaten alive. I'd rather put out our best team and lose a good battle than have our TNCL side battered senseless.

I don't think we have any secrets to hide by not starting our best XI or close to it, our game is there for all to see - stopping it is another matter.

I don't see the point in going for the title if you're running scared from the other contenders.

They'd be eaten alive. I'd rather put out our best team and lose a good battle than have our TNCL side battered senseless.

I don't think we have any secrets to hide by not starting our best XI or close to it, our game is there for all to see - stopping it is another matter.

I don't see the point in going for the title if you're running scared from the other contenders.
I hear you but El T needs to rotate to keep the squad as happy/involved as possible and give them minutes...issue isn't fatigue/game plan here, i think it is more squad management.

I hear you but El T needs to rotate to keep the squad as happy/involved as possible and give them minutes...issue isn't fatigue/game plan here, i think it is more squad management.

And there should genuinely be no shame in admitting that it'll work in Arsenal's favour for them concentrate 99% on the league (with the TNCL as a side-show)

...while City balance out competing for the FA Cup & CL alongside trying to make up ground in the PL.

There's no comparison when it comes to depth, age profile & cost of the two squads, so Arsenal need to get some edges in their favour wherever possible.

One of which was the high proportion of City players who were at the World Cup. Exiting both domestic comps early could be another.

And there should genuinely be no shame in admitting that it'll work in Arsenal's favour for them concentrate 99% on the league (with the TNCL as a side-show)

...while City balance out competing for the FA Cup & CL alongside trying to make up ground in the PL.

There's no comparison when it comes to depth, age profile & cost of the two squads, so Arsenal need to get some edges in their favour wherever possible.

One of which was the high proportion of City players who were at the World Cup. Exiting both domestic comps early could be another.
yeah, I'll be annoyed should Arsenal exit the cup on Friday, I love a long cup run but I'll get over it very quickly.

Fair enough. I'd have thought that's what the TNCL and closing out dead games is for. There'll be no shortage of game time soon enough

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Whole Lotta Zepp

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼