The official Cork court report thread.

read the case about the baby savaged by the dog in waterford, the dog snapped at the baby when they first got him, yet they still kept the dog!
It seems that the owner of the dog was the husband of the baby's grandmother and though both the mother and grandmother wanted rid of the dog, the owner didn't. I can't imagine how a family could come through that, it's just unimaginable.

As an aside, why is the described as the dog being destroyed in these cases, rather than the dog being put down?

It seems that the owner of the dog was the husband of the baby's grandmother and though both the mother and grandmother wanted rid of the dog, the owner didn't. I can't imagine how a family could come through that, it's just unimaginable.

As an aside, why is the described as the dog being destroyed in these cases, rather than the dog being put down?
The control of dogs act 1986 wording

"The husband of the baby's grandmother."
So the grandfather?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Flash Harry - A Celebration of Queen

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼