Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

DCU Sports/Academia/ facilities , just a better institution really.
DCU offer the most attractive sports scholarships and they focus on Athletics and Gaelic football, and they tend to get the cream in both those fields
They are known for verbally offering contracts to every player that is named in the Electric Ireland Minor team of the year

Other than them, I think most colleges would be at a similar level in terms of offering scholarships, but yes much better facilities in Dublin generally

FIXTURE UPDATE

Unfortunately 4 of the 5 @ElectricIreland Sigerson Cup games scheduled for this evening have been postponed until Thursday 19th Jan.

@ul_gaa v @TUDublinCCGAA will proceed as planned.

An updated schedule can be found on Web site

Was at the CIT game, okay game. Evan Niland pick of the bunch, scored about 1-6 from play. I'd hesitate to blame Joyce for this, because he was kind of in a no win situation. The NUIG wing forwards dropped so deep and the CIT wing backs followed them, so Joyce had to hold back and protect his full back line. This gave Niland a lot of space and his striking is unreal. Don't know how he got free for his goal mind.
On the CIT side I though Brian Roche and Beausang done OK. If you could combine the 2 of them you'd have a flaking half forward. Jack Cahalane very disappointing, didn't make anything of the little service he got. Sam Quirke didn't play, a big loss. Their best player was Sean Walsh from Fourmilewater. Never heard of him before and he's kind of gangly and awkward, but he gave Tiernan Killeen a lot of trouble, scoring 1-2 and laying on the first goal for Roche

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Randy Feltface - 2nd Show Added Due To Demand!
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

17th Jul 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Robot Dreams (G)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼