Old Cork Photos

Never heard the "went back after a few pints" story before either. Very doubtful that's what happened tbh.

More likely the 12 hr rather than 24 hr timer did for them. And the fact that the explosion was heard at 3AM would gel with that. Though they may have had drink on board when they set it.
Don't know TBH

It isn't half bad inside either. Fabulous exhibition of statues with a Roman-Greco origin owned by European/British/Irish aristocracy in the last few centuries.
I haven't been in there for near on 20 years I'd say. Well overdue a visit. In the week before I got married I was in there and there was a pottery exhibition on. I bought a piece for 35 quid, a lot of money at that time. My last big pre-marriage spend. Still have it.

I also have a memory of eye patch guy as a kid. It was around the summer of 85-86, Myself, brother, uncle and aul fella went to the Capwell bar after returning from a hurling match down the Pairc.

Eye patch man was in there sitting a the bar with a hand watch in one hand and a whiskey in the other. He was quite mouthy and later said something to my brother in the jacks, which I can't remember what. I do remember my aul fella going over to him and having a very stern word in his ear. Then my dad told me the story about him almost blowing himself up in St Finbarrs graveyard.

So your man went for a few pints after planting the bomb, that's quite innovative. That must make him the OG of the Southside IRA.
🤔
Hardly surprising that he had a hand watch considering his previous cock-up with timers!

🤔
Hardly surprising that he had a hand watch considering his previous cock-up with timers!
That was the watch belonged to his deceased brother.

Never found if it was the 'brother in arms', but it was broken.

He had another that told the time.

He would have had both of them on the counter when he was having his few pints.

Good day .
I found your forum very attractive and promising.
I want buy advertising space for a banner in the top of the site , for $ 1400 per month.
Pay I will be through WebMoney, 50% immediately, and 50% in 2 weeks. And yet, the address of my site https://myukraina.com.ua/ - will it not contradict the topic? Thank you!
Send a letter about your decision to me in the PM or to the mail serzkrutogolovtheman@gmail.com

Good day .
I found your forum very attractive and promising.
I want buy advertising space for a banner in the top of the site , for $ 1400 per month.
Pay I will be through WebMoney, 50% immediately, and 50% in 2 weeks. And yet, the address of my site https://myukraina.com.ua/ - will it not contradict the topic? Thank you!
Send a letter about your decision to me in the PM or to the mail serzkrutogolovtheman@gmail.com
I hope you paid your € 10.

Anyway on with the thread, anyone remember these movements back in the day :

View attachment 18086

Yup, can remember going to the Eglantine baths - thruppeny bit (silver rabbit or greenybrown hexagon with a portcullis) to get in past the turnstiles - and having to get across the cut before the train. Or watching trains pull in to the station as you queued for the baths. More innocent times in the late 1960s early 1970s.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Afro House and Amapiano

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼