Deirdre Morley v Alan Hawe..

I asked a genuine question.

You perform whatever mental gymnastics you like to excuse your ongoing defence a child killer.

Where's the 'compassion' for her victims?

'Nuance' my bollocks :rolleyes:
It isn't a genuine question. Why would my religious beliefs have any bearing on Ms Morley's psychiatric disorder?

I am not defending her. I am pointing put that while she killed her children, she didn't murder them. I don't care if you agree with that or not, it isn't a matter of opinion.

I think it's a really interesting balance to try and strike.

To what extent does your spouse or family have the right to information in relation to your mental or physical health.

To what extent should your family be entitled to contact or discuss your health with your healthcare provider.

I think it's a really interesting balance to try and strike.

To what extent does your spouse or family have the right to information in relation to your mental or physical health.

To what extent should your family be entitled to contact or discuss your health with your healthcare provider.
Here’s what will happen.

On foot of these tragic incidents some politician will propose a law with someone’s name attached to it. The media will seize on it, because it is well intentioned.

Then in a few years time someone will used medical information they would not currently have access to to swindle someone out of their home or money or otherwise injure or hurt them. Then there will be an outcry that peoples mental health information can be shared with third parties but not physical health. Campaigners will attach themselves to it, and not unreasonably demand that mental health information be treated with the same degree of confidentiality as physical health information. Some politician and columnist will attach themselves to that too.

Then an expert working group will be formed by the minister of the day who just wants the fucking thing to go away. The expert working group will spend two years assembling guidelines in a very expensive manner, 99% of which will be a reiteration of what everyone already knows and 1% saying “use your own judgment lads” to practitioners in difficult cases.

That way we get to the final Irish denouement where we end up with a practitioner to blame, a precedent becomes established and everyone gets paid.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sing It Back

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼