• Ballinascarthy

• Passage

• Ballymartle

• Clonakilty

• Banteer

• Harbour Rovers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
What a game! Hard on Kilshannig, nothing between the 2 teams over the 2 games. Erins Own kicked on in Extra time. Fierce achievement to win a County but even more so with your 2nd team.

Erins Own 1-30 Kilshannig 3-20 AET

Outstanding game. An absolute cracker. A great advertisement for junior hurling in Cork. Funnily enough, I also went to the Munster Junior A Final today between Ballygiblin and St. Kieran's and thought that the county final tonight was a much higher standard of hurling.

What an achievement for Erin's Own's second team to win a Junior A County. A great little club. Kilshannig will be sick though. I thought they had loads of chances to extend their lead and win it but squandered some of them. Erin's Own on the other hand had only one wide in all of normal time. Serious accuracy. Maybe it is my North Cork bias, but I thought the referee was much more lenient on giving frees to EO than Kilshannig. Mark Collins must have scored 16 or 17 points from frees. The same ref rode Ballyhea this year v Courceys.

Jack Twomey was superb again for Kilshannig. He is strong, good in the air and knows how to score. I still feel, he'd be worth a call up to the training panel. Mark Collins was definitely MOTM though. He must have finished with 0-20 points. Shane Murphy is some servant too, still as fit as ever in midfield. He must not be far off 40. Bill Curtin centre back for Kilshannig also had an excellent game.

Ballygiblin 3-12 St. Kieran's 0-11

As I said above, I also went to this game earlier today and it was a very poor affair. St. Kieran's were teak tough but had little hurling and seemed to have brought Ballygiblin down to their level because I thought they were very poor. I thought both Mark Keane and Darragh Flynn were very quiet. Both didn't stand out at all. I don't think Flynn scored at all, maybe 1 point. Shane Beston saved the day scoring 3-3, winning MOTM and he only got married yesterday. What a story and what a servant he's been to both Ballygiblin and Mitchelstown. A weekend he will never forget. I still tip Ballygiblin to push on and win the All Ireland in this. Last year's experience will help them greatly.

Erins Own 1-30 Kilshannig 3-20 AET

Outstanding game. An absolute cracker. A great advertisement for junior hurling in Cork. Funnily enough, I also went to the Munster Junior A Final today between Ballygiblin and St. Kieran's and thought that the county final tonight was a much higher standard of hurling.

What an achievement for Erin's Own's second team to win a Junior A County. A great little club. Kilshannig will be sick though. I thought they had loads of chances to extend their lead and win it but squandered some of them. Erin's Own on the other hand had only one wide in all of normal time. Serious accuracy. Maybe it is my North Cork bias, but I thought the referee was much more lenient on giving frees to EO than Kilshannig. Mark Collins must have scored 16 or 17 points from frees. The same ref rode Ballyhea this year v Courceys.

Jack Twomey was superb again for Kilshannig. He is strong, good in the air and knows how to score. I still feel, he'd be worth a call up to the training panel. Mark Collins was definitely MOTM though. He must have finished with 0-20 points. Shane Murphy is some servant too, still as fit as ever in midfield. He must not be far off 40. Bill Curtin centre back for Kilshannig also had an excellent game.

Ballygiblin 3-12 St. Kieran's 0-11

As I said above, I also went to this game earlier today and it was a very poor affair. St. Kieran's were teak tough but had little hurling and seemed to have brought Ballygiblin down to their level because I thought they were very poor. I thought both Mark Keane and Darragh Flynn were very quiet. Both didn't stand out at all. I don't think Flynn scored at all, maybe 1 point. Shane Beston saved the day scoring 3-3, winning MOTM and he only got married yesterday. What a story and what a servant he's been to both Ballygiblin and Mitchelstown. A weekend he will never forget. I still tip Ballygiblin to push on and win the All Ireland in this. Last year's experience will help them greatly.
What age is Mark Collins? Did he play with the seniors in recent years.

Judging by the age of the seniors a lot of these junior A's will be senior players next year.
I'm very interested in how they'll fare in Premier Junior alright, things came together well for them this year, but with a second team like this it could all change completely by next season, should still have enough to be competitive next year but can't see them winning the grade on the first go like Ballygiblin, imagine they'll be in the middle of the pack somewhere, unless some serious talent falls off the senior team for some reason.

Next year's Junior A will be interesting anyway, feel for Kilshannig, they were so close and they've to start again now in a highly competitive Avondhu championship where there's no guarantee they'll come out, imagine whoever wins Avondhu will be there or thereabouts again next year as it's by far and away the most competitive championship now.

You could already predict the top 2/3 teams in all the other divisions to be honest, which doesn't seem to be helping them when it comes to business end of the season.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Bury
Old Oak, Oliver Plunkett St.

26th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Danny Ryan, Ray Harrington and Guests

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼