The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

🤔 What was the name of the fairly exclusive restaurant that was out past Bishopstown, on the road to Bandon? I think the owner was someone named Mackessey. Used to be expensive. I was at a wedding there in the very early 1990s.

We've been eating at Kirby's Korner in Ballinhassig for years but went out for Sunday lunch recently and was really disappointed. The quality of the food is as good as ever, but while we expected the price to have gone up like everywhere else, what we didn't expect was the portion size to have been reduced on all items ordered. Herself order the half roast beef, which used to be one slice of roast beef and the same veg as the full portion. Instead it was the one slice but the veg came out in tiny bowls. You might say that she ordered a half portion, which is fair, but it was three quarters the price of the full portion. The full portion was two slices of beef but it was cut so thinly I initially thought it was the half portion ! Even the soup bowl looked smaller. Really disappointed to see them cutting it at both ends.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths
The White Horse, Ballincollig

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼