FF TDs who might defect to IRA/SF

I’ve said this in the SF Not A Normal etc thread, hinting that they may be blindsided by growing support for NP or any independent who runs a strong anti-open doors campaign, only to be dismissed by SFs representative on here.
SF have 2 schools of support that are on a collision course, the old and the new. Interesting times ahead. The fact that they are not as vocal or leading the way in this debate says all you need to know. In saying that, no fucker without a staunch base wants to touch it.

You should know that I'm not a representative of SF here or anywhere else. I'm a member of the party sure, but what I post here are my own opinions (contrary to the myths here SF members are actually allowed have their own opinions) which at times are in conflict with SF policy. I'm no more a representative for SF than jimmy is for Fianna Fail or Stacey is for Fine Gael.

As for your notion that SF "have 2 schools of support" and "the old and the new" can you tell me which of these two schools I'm supposed to be in as I was talking to people last night who've been in the party for more than 40 years and other who've joined in the last couple of years and there didn't seem to be an obvious difference tbh.
And while you're there, given that you're not a member or even a supporter of SF, you'd probably be much better placed to tell us about another Irish political party. Can you tell me what, if any, other Irish political party has "2 schools" the "old and the new" on such a collision course in your opinion :unsure:

Not a hope McSharry would join SF family are FF to the backbone,he is like a few others biding their time until MM steps aside and he will be back on the front bench.
Doubtful - he divides opinion. He thinks he's a brilliant politician beloved by the electorate. Everyone else thinks he's a f***ing clown of the highest order.
He wouldn't make the front bench if FF had an overall majotrity. That's not going to happen and he's behind practically everyone else for the few posts that may be on offer in a coalition.
Jim O' C is the only one sitting on the backbenches that may have reasonable expectations for a step up and even his stock has fallen after he made a pig's ear of FF election campaign in Dublin S by-election.

Female non current TDs may be in best position given FF's issues with gender imbalnce at top level. Lisa Chambers in Mayo and Mary Fitzpatrick in Dublin may be fast-tracked to at least junior ranks if they can pick up a seat in GE.

Doubtful - he divides opinion. He thinks he's a brilliant politician beloved by the electorate. Everyone else thinks he's a f***ing clown of the highest order.
He wouldn't make the front bench if FF had an overall majotrity. That's not going to happen and he's behind practically everyone else for the few posts that may be on offer in a coalition.
Jim O' C is the only one sitting on the backbenches that may have reasonable expectations for a step up and even his stock has fallen after he made a pig's ear of FF election campaign in Dublin S by-election.

Female non current TDs may be in best position given FF's issues with gender imbalnce at top level. Lisa Chambers in Mayo and Mary Fitzpatrick in Dublin may be fast-tracked to at least junior ranks if they can pick up a seat in GE.

The way constituencies work in the election of TDs though it doesn't matter if the vast majority of people think he's a f***ing clown of the highest order - he can still get elected if enough of his constituents think he'd do a turn for them and/or their constituency by getting elected. Look no further than the likes of Danny Healy Rae, Mattie McGrath, or Eamon Ryan

I would add T Gould to that soundy and its not because of the party he represents,surely ye could get better than him.

Tommy's heart is in the right place and he's a great worker in the community. And afaik he's been chairman of St Vincents for a number of years too. Not everybody puts themselves forward for election and in fairness to TG he's topped the poll in CNC - Tommy Gould that is, not Topic Grinder ;)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼