Anti social activity in the city.. ekk

A friend of mine is in his last year before retirement. A fine strapping lad is probably how he would have been described in his day. Absolute gent but I'd say he'd end you if you tried it on. He was telling me when he left Templemore his first posting was Dublin and every day the Sergeant would hunt them all out of the station to walk the beat. He said the job has changed so much now as not only are you being scrutinised by the public, but your superiors are also breathing down your neck watching every move. Was saying that the human element is disappearing from the job.
There was a time the superior officers would have your back, but in recent times this has all but evaporated. Who would do a job that you have no support from your colleagues higher up. No one can argue that there wasn't corruption with in the force and that should be dealt with but being benched to deskwork for cracking a baton of scobe isn't on either.

A friend of mine is in his last year before retirement. A fine strapping lad is probably how he would have been described in his day. Absolute gent but I'd say he'd end you if you tried it on. He was telling me when he left Templemore his first posting was Dublin and every day the Sergeant would hunt them all out of the station to walk the beat. He said the job has changed so much now as not only are you being scrutinised by the public, but your superiors are also breathing down your neck watching every move. Was saying that the human element is disappearing from the job.
And?

Bring back a height restriction for joining Gardai, it should never have been abolished. At least if they aren't armed with tasers, they would have some sort of intimidation factor.

Isn't always the size of the dog in the fight so much as the fight in the dog, but you're right in general where scobes are much less likely to take someone on if he's bigger than them. Time was a garda said something to a youngster and they did what they were told - not the way now. I think back in the day they were seen as the voice of the community and would be backed to the hilt by the neighbourhood. Unfortunately, nowadays, after a few rotten apples and some scandals that's gone and they're just seen by many as not always having the community's backing so scobes try it on 😞

There was a time the superior officers would have your back, but in recent times this has all but evaporated. Who would do a job that you have no support from your colleagues higher up.
Heard the opposite as well. That the young guards get to do as they please, as long as they talk the right way. This ex-guard was telling me in his day the old fellas would spot a gurrier who got in, someone taking shortcuts or who just wanted to crack heads and sort them out pretty quickly. Early retirement and the like got rid of all the older guys willing to do that, so there's no experience there outside of "management."

Well in that case do not press play
I've watched it and it's mocking homeless and people with alcohol problems who are on the edges of society. Plus that's a real guy who used to be around the city. He's still a human being with feelings whether he's still alive or not. What about his family?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

27th Apr 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼