Cork Footballers

Think he woulda went right in to the footballers
It’ll take him awhile to break in to the hurlers
Best of luck to him whichever he has chosen he’s a great talent

I blame Frank for Brian Hayes playing hurling for Cork.
Am I the only 1 honest enough on this Football site who to be honest if Brian Hayes has left the Cork Football panel then I cudnt give a shit wat he does with the hurlers.My attitude to hurling is the same as if he was playing soccer for cork city or rugby for munster if your not with the footballers in my opinion then you are against us.

Am I the only 1 honest enough on this Football site who to be honest if Brian Hayes has left the Cork Football panel then I cudnt give a shit wat he does with the hurlers.My attitude to hurling is the same as if he was playing soccer for cork city or rugby for munster if your not with the footballers in my opinion then you are against us.
Think this is much fairer with an older player. Hayes only just out of dual 20s, on bench for footballers and is on a good run with his club for hurling. Understandably tough decision and he is only young so has time to have a crack off the hurling in his own head I suppose.

I do think it’s a pity as he’s a super talented footballer, because of his youth I wouldn’t close the door on him - especially because Cork need someone like him to fill the shoes of Ian Maguire once he inevitably slows down in the next few years.

But yes in the short term, for this season he should no longer be a concern of anyone who cares about Cork football. And the footballers will move on with out him as they did with many last year. Far too often people are concerned with players who are unavailable to Cork and speak of them when they are naming best starting 15s etc (Hurley, Connolly, Clon group etc). If they are unavailable it doesn’t achieve anything to pretend they are, playing with what we have worked out ok last year and it will again this season

G'wan ya langer, always with this shite, He is a Cork GAA player and should be supported regardless what code he choses. I thought THM was the most pathetic Cork supporter on this forum but you just topped it.

If it is true that Hayes will not play footy then I have to admit I am completely fed up of promising footballers at minor and U21/20 disappearing to the hurlers as if it is automatic..from Aidan Walsh to BH and Jack Cahalane etc. and many more..Cork football needs to grow a pair and hold on to players…no wonder we win fuck all

If it is true that Hayes will not play footy then I have to admit I am completely fed up of promising footballers at minor and U21/20 disappearing to the hurlers as if it is automatic..from Aidan Walsh to BH and Jack Cahalane etc. and many more..Cork football needs to grow a pair and hold on to players…no wonder we win fuck all
It's a bit of a chicken & egg situation for Cork football. To attract the players you have to have a chance of success, to have a chance of success you have to attract the players.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼