Should we remove Ireland's WW2 lookout posts?

Should we remove Ireland's WW2 lookout posts?

• Total voters
No i like them .Maybe we should nationalise the likes of Blarney Castle, why should some Englishman own and profit off our heritage, and that island off Dublin Lambay Island how do we allow this shit These places belong to the people of Ireland .Haughty's Island should be seized by cab if it's still in the family possession .

No i like them .Maybe we should nationalise the likes of Blarney Castle, why should some Englishman own and profit off our heritage, and that island off Dublin Lambay Island how do we allow this shit These places belong to the people of Ireland .Haughty's Island should be seized by cab if it's still in the family possession .
How would you nationalise something that is in private ownership?

Would you consider it reasonable if the state decided to nationalise your house?

On what basis? The usage of CPO is very highly regulated.

"He's an Englishman" is not a reason to CPO a property. If Mr Colthurst is even English. I think he may have been born here.
I'm talking more generally, eg ownership of river basins etc. You would need to expand the law to include whatever areas you wished to "nationalise". Fraught with difficulty obviously, having to comply with EU law etc but I'm sure it could be done.
Wouldn't fancy being the one drafting the legislation though 😀.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼