Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

Said it often before - I might disagree with Ryan's ideologically driven approach to climate change but the guy genuinely believes in his policies and seems genuine and decent enough ol sort. I don't want him in government but that personally he seems sound enough.

Honest assessment, and the guy is thick enough to believe his policies some of which are absolutely batsh*t crazy. I'm sure he really believed that growing lettuce in the south-facing window boxes would have seen us through the hardships of a pandemic, and he probably DOES think that introducing wolves to roam free, and possibly even bears are good ideas too. He is THAT thick.

As for his being a sound enough person? I wouldn't pretend to know the guy on a personal level but there's been some rumblings amongst the GP members. A mate of mine as I say who has been a greenie since before we left school and he despises Ryan, though he's only met him in person a few times. Jury still out on Ryan being sound as a person I think.

The tree hugging bat shit crazy Green Party Lord Mayor of Dumplin has been pawned:

Live animal crib returning to Dublin in new location​

Updated / Tuesday, 29 Nov 2022 13:25

The crib will be located in the Summer House in St Stephen's Green this year

The crib will be located in the Summer House in St Stephen's Green this year

The live animal crib is set to return to Dublin on 8 December in a new location.
The Summer House in St Stephen's Green Park will house a donkey, a goat and two sheep as part of the annual Christmas tradition.
The crib had been located outside Dublin's Mansion House since it began in 1995.
In a statement today, the Irish Farmers Association said animal welfare is "paramount" and the shelter will be installed in line with the Farm Animal Welfare Advisory Council’s guidelines.
It said the animals will be tended to onsite every day by their owner and will return to their farm in Co Wicklow each afternoon.
Members of the public will not be able to enter the Summer House, but will be able to see the live crib from the external rails.
001ce800-614.jpg

The crib was previously held at Dublin's Mansion House (File: RollingNews.ie)
Minister of State with responsibility for the Office of Public Works, Patrick O’Donovan, welcomed the announcement and said he is "standing up for tradition".

People have welcomed the decision to continue with the tradition.
In St Stephen's Green, one woman said she thinks the new location will draw more people into the park and that it is good for the animals to continue to be part of the nativity scene.
Another described it as "a wonderful idea" and a better environment for the crib.

Many agreed that while Mansion House is central, St Stephen's Green is a better setting to hold the annual event with more space.
One passer-by in Stephen's Green said it will bring much-needed cheer to people who can continue to see the animals featured in this annual tradition.
IFA President Tim Cullinane who sought to reinstate the live animal crib said he received many calls from people dismayed after a decision was taken by Lord Mayor Caroline Conroy to not have the tradition continue at Mansion House this year.
Mr Cullinane said he respects Ms Conroy's decision, but they wanted to ensure it remained part of the Christmas experience and the level of calls from the public reflected that.
He said St Stephen's Green is a natural environment with the animals well cared for, where they will be brought in early in the morning and return home to the farm late in the evening.
"It is about having the presence here, the tradition that has been here for the best part of 30 years and continuing that for the people of Dublin city centre. This is what this is about."
He said they will reassess after this Christmas whether to continue with this new location for the live crib.
Minister O'Donovan said it made sense to offer St Stephen's Green after the IFA made the decision to look for an alternate location.
He said he thinks this new setting may increase the numbers who visit the crib and will also take into consideration the high level of passers-by through St Stephen's Green on a daily basis.
He said for many children who live in urban areas it might be their only opportunity to see farm animals during the Christmas period.
While details around a crib and Christmas activities at the Mansion House have yet to be announced, Minister O'Donovan thinks having a crib at Mansion House and St Stephen's Green will complement each other.
"The most important thing is that we saved something that is integral to so many Christmases for so many children."

I wonder did the batshit crazy Green Party vet the people who will be getting paid from this latest Quango?

Just to make sure that none of them are convicted drug dealers.

😃

Naw.

The Chairman is Tony Keohane. Ex Tesco. He’s also the Chairman of Ervia the parent company of Irish Water.

Another government appointment. I suppose it’s nice work if you can get it.
Not for much longer. Irish Water to be a stand alone utility soon (not sure of date, think it might be 1/1/23.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

5th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼