Training Run Times

Well done Jimmy - the sub-2 is a good show from you given what you went through conditions-wise. Clon is full of long curvy bends - you have to absolutely run the race line and cut the tangents on all the bends to hit the 13.1.

Clon was some ordeal, conditions were atrocious, started off well first 3 miles average 8.30, then came the first hill, a real test, got up that and pushed on, wind was savage, mile 8 a pebble found its way into my runner, had to stop. took an age to get the shoe off and back on, Drove on again found myself running alongside a girl and we pushed each other on , got back to where we thought the finish was but we had to run an extra 400 metres in a bog of a field, that was a killer, most watches showed 13.3 miles not 13.1, Changed clothes and into the hall for tea and black pudding and sausages, Happy with the run 1.59, considering the weather and the pebble incident,

The finish was a killer, I went from thinking they had measured it short when entering the showgrounds to seeing that final cross country loop.

Thought that last section of road too before the showgrounds when you are running against the traffic wasn't ideal.
The 10 minute delay before also, not ideal!

Other than that, an enjoyable challenge this time of year.

The finish was a killer, I went from thinking they had measured it short when entering the showgrounds to seeing that final cross country loop.

Thought that last section of road too before the showgrounds when you are running against the traffic wasn't ideal.
The 10 minute delay before also, not ideal!

Other than that, an enjoyable challenge this time of year.
My thoughts exactly,, Hanging around that extra 10 minutes at the start was miserable, I agree the last section running against traffic and then hitting the field
was tough, I do remember your man on the PA before the start mentioning the lap of the field, everbodies watch seems to have showed 13,.30
As i posted i had to stop at mile 8 to take a pebble out of my runner, just as well i did because even now it is pretty sore, so imagine if i battled on?
The pudding , sausages and tea were very welcome, Days like that are character building, enjoyed it,
Dungarvan 10 mile in feb next stop,

My thoughts exactly,, Hanging around that extra 10 minutes at the start was miserable, I agree the last section running against traffic and then hitting the field
was tough, I do remember your man on the PA before the start mentioning the lap of the field, everbodies watch seems to have showed 13,.30
As i posted i had to stop at mile 8 to take a pebble out of my runner, just as well i did because even now it is pretty sore, so imagine if i battled on?
The pudding , sausages and tea were very welcome, Days like that are character building, enjoyed it,
Dungarvan 10 mile in feb next stop,

Yeah, I was about 2/3s the way back at the start line so we couldn't hear a thing from the PA, I saw somebody say somewhere else that all the speakers were pointed towards to the road, that and the wind we had little hope of hearing.

Great numbers and I feel getting through days like that (weather wise) just adds to the buzz of it.

Yeah, I was about 2/3s the way back at the start line so we couldn't hear a thing from the PA, I saw somebody say somewhere else that all the speakers were pointed towards to the road, that and the wind we had little hope of hearing.

Great numbers and I feel getting through days like that (weather wise) just adds to the buzz of it.
Well done AloneY - do you do much running?

AloneY... Lovely bit of banter there from Terrier. As for me, I'm in taper mode. 'Cept there isn't too much to taper from. Training for Valencia '22 was always going to be about getting the distance up and avoiding injury. Speed, God Help Us, will have to wait. Well, I have more or less avoided injury (that 5km at a slightly faster pace last Friday, and on a track to boot, wasn't really my brightest idea) and I have got in a few 30k runs and a shnakey 33.4k effort. Very hard to know what to expect in those last 10k. As the training has been low key and low mileage, the Sunday longies have been much closer to M pace. But as I say, I have been doing those without any accumulation previous. I'll head out at 5 mins/km and see how that goes. I'll have the magic shoes of course, crowds, water and drinks stations....so I'm hopeful that it'll all feel good (until it doesn't!). I'm looking forward to it, not going to lie.

Great to hear you're going well Carmona..besta luck

Letesenbet Gidet making her Marathon Debut so it could well be an historic day.

Give it socks

Well done to Jimmy and Aloney. Sounds like a prick of a day down in Clon

Great to hear you're going well Carmona..besta luck

Letesenbet Gidet making her Marathon Debut so it could well be an historic day.

Give it socks

Well done to Jimmy and Aloney. Sounds like a prick of a day down in Clon
Yeah, I was wondering should I go out with Gidey but in the end I've gone for the slightly more conservative option.
Seriously though, she could be special and she loves Valencia but it is her first....

Good man C., you made it to the start which was your main target. You wouldn’t have presumed that as a certainty just 6 months ago. Enjoy it brother, great to see you going to a marathon start line again. If you keep an eye on the gas in the first half then Gidet will surely come back to you in the second 21.1 👍

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼