2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Ben O Connor is a huge loss to club and county.

However, rugby is a very difficult , physical game. Just about every player taken into the Munster academy will be seriously talented and the competition will be intense. More players fail than succeed but reading the comments of some here they would have BOC making his senior debut in a matter of weeks.

I wish him well in whatever path he chooses and as a hurling supporter I think he has made the wrong choice... but that is sport.
This is my biggest worry, that he gets swallowed up and spat out after 2 or 3 years. A rugby man who knows his stuff told me he would be suprised if Ben goes right to the top in rugby.. he’s almost ready to do that in hurling right now

This is my biggest worry, that he gets swallowed up and spat out after 2 or 3 years. A rugby man who knows his stuff told me he would be suprised if Ben goes right to the top in rugby.. he’s almost ready to do that in hurling right now
I suppose the hope is when you look at Dessie Hutchinson, who spent ? 3yrs with Brighton, and he's been consistently excellent for club and county since his return.
But if in 2026 I hear that Ben'O is playing for Bristol Bears on BT Sport 7, and Liam still hasn't come back to Cork, I'll be v. unhappy.

Cork GAA have lost enough to Munster rugby the last few years - it's a pity they didn't give Will O'Donoghue, Gearoid Hegarty , Diarmuid Byrnes and a few more of them a trial!!!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mike Rice: Nasty Character
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼