Cork Senior Football 2023

I think the current structure is just fine. The grades have all nearly levelled out and you have a lot of very competitive games in all grades.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare ourselves to other counties. We have a way more clubs than any other county in Ireland and therefore we have more grades.
I don't think anyone wants to drop any grades, just name them for what they are. Senior A is Prem Intermediate.

The Highrtoad .Given you opinion on Cork football on the bases that we have won only 1 munster club in the last 25 years i eagerly await your opinion on the state of cork hurling.

lads I think the loss by Clonmel yesterday proves that unless a good team is 100% clued in and on their game they can be taken out on any given day and that is what happened to Nemo also. Clearly Nemo are a much better team than they showed against Clonmel but different styles of opposition also highlight different deficiencies and Nemo were too small and lacking in physicality particularly in defense to cope with Clonmel’s direct running game but having said that Clonmel probably have 8 or 9 lads who have played senior with Tipp so they were always going to be a serious opposition. The Barrs are probably the ones kicking themselves as they didn’t perform at all in the county final with what was a much more seasoned and rounded team and ironically they would probably have done much better in Munster. The beauty of sport is that anything can happen and Rahillys and Newcastlewest both have a great chance of a major club success now. I wouldn’t be getting too hung up on what this means for Cork football or also the Kanturk loss ( which was something like Corks 24th best club team taking on Kerry’s 8th ). Cork have a lot of very good young footballers coming through from a very wide base of clubs so what any individual club does outside the county is irrelevant I think.

Each year the issue is with the Kerry grading system. I think the club championships we have at present are quite good and even. Sure if it was reduced to 8 teams it might be more competitive but would it have the same excitement? Cork could rename the grades and line out sides in similar comps but is it worthwhile? Rathmore beat Kanturk well, Fossa will beat Kilmurry well but in reality does it mean much outside of the clubs involved??

Gallant that rumour about B Hayes going to Oz was out before the football final heard it twice .Rumour im told came from a certain club on the South Douglas Road.

Half the Problem , zero benefit to Cork Football but listen proud tradition and all that Yerra yerra Garbage . “Hon the College” “Skull and Cross Bones”
Judging by your grammar and lack of understanding of what words should be capitalised, I doubt you attended either. Anyway I digress, if you know of a way to remove club status from a GAA club, I'm all ears. Till then, back under your bridge.

Last edited:
Oh oh , triggered a former Alumni of a prestigious Institution. Relax Horace nobody is revoking the membership of that professional waffle Shop.
Trolls don't trigger me, I just laugh at the likes of you and your ignorance. You are 5 years on this forum and you have never posted anything interesting, on point or even worthy of discussing further than pointing out your stupidity. You are typical of the uneducated Neanderthal Cork gaa supporter that give the rest of us genuine ones a bad name.

Each year the issue is with the Kerry grading system. I think the club championships we have at present are quite good and even. Sure if it was reduced to 8 teams it might be more competitive but would it have the same excitement? Cork could rename the grades and line out sides in similar comps but is it worthwhile? Rathmore beat Kanturk well, Fossa will beat Kilmurry well but in reality does it mean much outside of the clubs involved??
Agree totally, we have this conversation every year and it’s the same roundabout, outside of the clubs involved it matters not

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼