Cork Minor Hurling 2023

Barry O Flynn scored 4-8 in the u16 county final. Was he a Cork u16 this year?
Sure was. Some performance alright but game was over after 10 minutes, Sars had four goals on the board at that stage. It was obvious they had targetted the keeper as a weak link. Felt sorry for the young fella but he shouldn't have been in there.
Scored 3-2 in the semi-final as well when it was needed. Serious prospect.

James Nyhan is a Bandon man so that's Carbery sorted.

Only 4 real hurling teams in Muskerry Scarra Collig Blarney and Eire og and are all bordering the city so Sean Og will have them covered.

Aghabullogue & Cloughduv the other traditional hurling teams in Muskerry

Sure was. Some performance alright but game was over after 10 minutes, Sars had four goals on the board at that stage. It was obvious they had targetted the keeper as a weak link. Felt sorry for the young fella but he shouldn't have been in there.
Scored 3-2 in the semi-final as well when it was needed. Serious prospect.
Good to hear, sounds like a serious prospect. A massive well done to Aghada for getting to the final. Hurling really on the rise down there.

Good to hear, sounds like a serious prospect. A massive well done to Aghada for getting to the final. Hurling really on the rise down there.
Their first ever P1 hurling final at any age apparently so was a big occasion for them. Pity it all went a bit pear shaped on the night. Some decent players but maybe lacking a bit in depth.
Hard to see past Sars, Midleton or Douglas for P1 Minor next year.

Their first ever P1 hurling final at any age apparently so was a big occasion for them. Pity it all went a bit pear shaped on the night. Some decent players but maybe lacking a bit in depth.
Hard to see past Sars, Midleton or Douglas for P1 Minor next year.
It’s always going to be hard for the likes of Aghada to compete with the likes of Sars, Midleton and Douglas. It’s very important for their development to bring these lads into their adult teams in the years to come, especially since they were relegated to Intermediate A last year.

Barry O Flynn scored 4-8 in the u16 county final. Was he a Cork u16 this year? I saw him play in the development squads at Under 15 and 16. Lovely stick man. Definitely a prospect.
I saw him play in the development squads at Under 14, 15 and 16. Lovely stick man. 4-8 is some scoring. Definitely a prospect. Should be a Cork minor starter next year all going well. I had him in my notes as Ben O' Flynn but I'll change that to Barry now.

With last Saturday night's U-16 finals bringing the curtain down on the Juvenile hurling season for this year we can only wonder who will make up the Cork Minor/U-17 panel in 2023. Starting with last Saturday night's winners I expect the following clubs to have the listed players looked at or involved in the current winter training:

Sarsfields: Jack Huggins, Luke Hogan, Darragh O'Donovan, Harry Cogan, Rory McCarthy, Barry O'Flynn, Finn O'Connor
Youghal: Oisin Walsh, Jayden Casey, Brian Lynch, Darragh Lyons
Killeagh: Darragh O'Brien, Ben Walsh, Barry Walsh, Sean Meade
Midleton: Cathraigh Cronin, Matthew McSweeney, Fionn Kelly, Peter Barrett, Daniel Garde, Darragh Egan
Kiltha Og: Cillian O'Callaghan, Richie Harney, Colin Murphy
Aghada: Sean O'Callaghan, Thomas Condon
Carrigtwohill: Patrick Walsh
Cloyne: James O'Brien
Bride Rovers: Cameron O'Sullivan
Douglas: Liam Kelleher, Mark O'Brien, Jack O'Brien, Cathal Hallahan, Ronan Dooley
Glen Rovers: Joshua Goulding, Conor McCarthy, Oisin O'Connell, Diarmuid Wall
Brian Dillons: Lee Butler
St. Finbarr's: Conor McCarthy
Charleville: Sean Bresnan, Christian O'Gorman, Zach Biggane
Liscarroll/Churchtown Gaels: Oir O'Callaghan
Dromina: Johnny Murphy, Christopher Dunne
Mallow: Eddie Walsh, Luke Buckley
Kilworth: Liam Og Hegarty, Thomas Maher
Kilavullen: Colm O'Mahony
Ballyhea: Sean Byrne
Fermoy: Harry Bates
Inniscarra: Cathal Lyons
Bandon: John Buckley
Carrigaline: Oisin O'Connell

Players who maybe good enough but could likely be gone to other sports include Donnacha Reddington (Douglas - Gaelic), Johnny Galvin (Eire Og - Gaelic), David O'Leary (Ballincollig - Gaelic), Anthony Slattery & Harry O'Sullivan (both Valley Rovers - Gaelic), Cian Walsh (Glen Rovers - Rugby).

Well folks, is there any player I should have included? What are your views?

With last Saturday night's U-16 finals bringing the curtain down on the Juvenile hurling season for this year we can only wonder who will make up the Cork Minor/U-17 panel in 2023. Starting with last Saturday night's winners I expect the following clubs to have the listed players looked at or involved in the current winter training:

Sarsfields: Jack Huggins, Luke Hogan, Darragh O'Donovan, Harry Cogan, Rory McCarthy, Barry O'Flynn, Finn O'Connor
Midleton: Cathraigh Cronin, Matthew McSweeney, Fionn Kelly, Peter Barrett, Daniel Garde, Darragh Egan
Douglas: Liam Kelleher, Mark O'Brien, Jack O'Brien, Cathal Hallahan, Ronan Dooley

Players who maybe good enough but could likely be gone to other sports include Donnacha Reddington (Douglas - Gaelic), Johnny Galvin (Eire Og - Gaelic), David O'Leary (Ballincollig - Gaelic), Anthony Slattery & Harry O'Sullivan (both Valley Rovers - Gaelic), Cian Walsh (Glen Rovers - Rugby).

By Gaelic i assume you mean football?

Fair play Corkonian. Always have great knowledge of the upcoming minor squads.

I suppose it’s a bit early to call yet, but does this team have a good chance of winning something next year.

Fair play Corkonian. Always have great knowledge of the upcoming minor squads.

I suppose it’s a bit early to call yet, but does this team have a good chance of winning something next year.
Limerick are supposed to be relatively weak next year, while Tipp will be strong and Clare have a lot of returning players for next year. No idea about Waterford but they've been very poor for last 5 or so years at this age so I wouldn't expect too much

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Soviet Milk (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Felix Da Housecat

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼