Christmas Day in UCC

Jesus Christ the moaning that goes on here is unbelievable. So what if they all went on the piss yesterday let’s not forget these kids are the ones who lost out on 2 years of an important and exciting time of they’re lives. As long as fights and destruction of property doesn’t go on let them at it. They have a good time pubs again that have been screwed over the past few years make a killing. It’s not ideal for residents in the area I understand that but it’s one day a year get over it. Why do ye care if people in their 20’s que up for a pub at 7am?
We all suffered under the two years of Covid-19, children, students, parents of young children, people who lost their jobs, elderly people who were told to cocoon etc.

We all suffered under the two years of Covid-19, children, students, parents of young children, people who lost their jobs, elderly people who were told to cocoon etc.
I agree completely, however me you and the elderly had our days of being young and care free out on the town having the craic. We didn’t have a pandemic in our hay days. It’s much easier to stay home and flatten the curve when you don’t live with your parents.

All I’m saying is just lay off the kids and let them be young and have fun as long as they behave some way reasonable. I don’t think it’s too much too ask

I agree completely, however me you and the elderly had our days of being young and care free out on the town having the craic. We didn’t have a pandemic in our hay days. It’s much easier to stay home and flatten the curve when you don’t live with your parents.

All I’m saying is just lay off the kids and let them be young and have fun as long as they behave some way reasonable. I don’t think it’s too much too ask

Is starting drinking at 10:30am reasonable?

If people act the bollix they deserve to be called out on it, be they students or otherwise.

Is starting drinking at 10:30am reasonable?

If people act the bollix they deserve to be called out on it, be they students or otherwise.
If they are over 18 they can go drinking at whatever time the choose. Is there specific incidents of them ‘acting the bollax’ or is just the 10 second clips of crowds queuing outside bars on Twitter you have an issue with? The same thing happens in Dublin, Limerick, Galway, Waterford and all across the U.K.

The problem with alcohol is not solely with students. Take a drive through town any Saturday night after 1am and you’ll see plenty people in there 30’s,40’s and 50’s doing far worse I can absolutely guarantee. Maybe you should call them out!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sander Van Doorn
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

25th May 2024 @ 11:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼