Cyclists

Speaking of Carrigaline, do you know how many trees are going to be cut down on the M28 project?
Or do you only care about some trees and not others?

As an aside, as the BusConnects plan isn't formalised yet, no one knows for sure how many trees are going to be removed.

As an aside, we were talking about the proposal and how it planned to cut down over 1400 trees. A figure only *anks dispute it seems :cool:

Since you asked, how many pedestrians are injured by cyclists in Ireland? Since this is such a big concern, perhaps you have data to back up your idea.

I don't recall asking how many pedestrians were injured by cyclists in Ireland, but that's just another tangent you're furiously trying to peddle. 😇

Another soundy special.

I guess a footpath is not a part of the public realm now is it?
Don't we have fully pedestrianised streets?

The amount of childish shite you spout for someone who actually works for a living is astounding.

Another cycle tard trying to pretend I said something I hadn't by cropping the rest of the sentence I wrote. I know such pathetic carry on appeals to you and your cycle buddies but in adult conversation it doesn't hold any sway.

Must try harder *ank :cool:

A great idea that is not implemented anywhere else in the world.
Only idiots, fools, and the uneducated would think that's a good idea.
Maybe you are all three?

I see police are handing out tickets and fines to cyclists who don't cycle in the provided cycle lane. Another of your "it doesn't happen anywhere else in the world" excuses bites the dust :cool:

This issue here is purely cyclist hate. They can't see past the benefits of bus lanes to commuters because of them being cycle lanes as well. It's a nonsense stance to take. Trees are cut down regularly for road improvements, never seen anyone complain.

Wrong. There's nobody that I've seen complaining about increasing the amount of bus lanes - the busses are a valuable piece of the transport infrastructure and bus drivers use the bus lanes. What's different though is that the cycle lobby are trying to piggyback on the need for bus lanes to claim we also need separate bicycle lanes (*ank has already said here that he doesn't want to be restricted to using bike lanes and/or bus lanes). which they then don't bother using. So it's not a case of the bus lanes being cycle lanes as well.

What people have a valid complaint about is the "need" for yet more cycle lanes, which frequently go unused, and their being CPOs on property to acquire the space to facilitate such unused lanes.

If cyclists used cycle lanes when they're provided I don't think anyone would have much objection to increasing the number of cycle lanes.

Kinda my point. I pay road tax too and that should help pay for infrastructure on the roads- whether I drive on them, whether I cycle them or use public transportation.

Sorry BR but if you can't see the difference between pedestrians and their relative use of the footpaths and traffic lanes, compared to cyclists and their relative use of cyclepaths and traffic lanes then I'm afraid I can't have a logical discussion with you.

Can you tell me a place that has managed to do this?

People have a PPS number, surely we can reverse engineer this to make sure the street is safer for everyone when walking?
China style?

i don’t know anywhere that has done this but in plenty of countries you’re obliged to carry ID with you at all times.

i’m saying your bike is already identifiable and only suggesting to make it easier to identify. there’s nothing chinese about that.

i don’t know anywhere that has done this but in plenty of countries you’re obliged to carry ID with you at all times.

i’m saying your bike is already identifiable and only suggesting to make it easier to identify. there’s nothing chinese about that.
And it is very easily done. A sticker with 5 digits and a letter combination could be place anywhere on the bike.
This nonsense about about no other country doing that this is not excuse, no other country had an indoor smoking ban before us either.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼