2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Mixed emotions leaving Ennis yesterday,gutted we lost but so proud of the performance they pit in despite been down a man. Praie for the management for placing J Burn@s on Kelly but i think starting W Buckley was a mistake,he should have been brought on after half time where place would begin to loosen up.Special praise for the 2 Bens and E Twomey,i have to say a year ago i could not see Cunningham start with Cork and i am glad that i will be proven wrong. Inexperience cost us yesterday.

Have to agree with this and I was at both games. Then one was played in a field and the other on a pitch.
In the first game the ref played to the rules somewhat but in the 2nd game Colm Lyons did not, this carry on of leaving the game flow is farcical when there is no consistency. Lyons is obviously reffing games at Inter-County and in the Munster Club totally different to the way he referees in the Cork Club championship, just look at the way he reffed 'Barrs v Newtown including his sending off of Conor Twomey in that game. Referees have to realise that the game of hurling is the same while allowing for matches being different and that the playing rules have to be adhered to properly and consistently.

Mixed emotions leaving Ennis yesterday,gutted we lost but so proud of the performance they pit in despite been down a man. Praie for the management for placing J Burn@s on Kelly but i think starting W Buckley was a mistake,he should have been brought on after half time where place would begin to loosen up.Special praise for the 2 Bens and E Twomey,i have to say a year ago i could not see Cunningham start with Cork and i am glad that i will be proven wrong. Inexperience cost us yesterday.
Agree re buckley,

A huge talent and a huge loss to the Barrs. I hope he makes a success of the rugby because anything else just leaves a young sportsman spat out by the system. It won’t be easy to resume his hurling carreer at the same level he is at now. I think he’d be a cert to make the cork hurling team but there’s no certainty he will even get through the Munster rugby academy. For his sake I really hope he does
Ben O Connor is a huge loss to club and county.

However, rugby is a very difficult , physical game. Just about every player taken into the Munster academy will be seriously talented and the competition will be intense. More players fail than succeed but reading the comments of some here they would have BOC making his senior debut in a matter of weeks.

I wish him well in whatever path he chooses and as a hurling supporter I think he has made the wrong choice... but that is sport.

Ben O Connor is a huge loss to club and county.

However, rugby is a very difficult , physical game. Just about every player taken into the Munster academy will be seriously talented and the competition will be intense. More players fail than succeed but reading the comments of some here they would have BOC making his senior debut in a matter of weeks.

I wish him well in whatever path he chooses and as a hurling supporter I think he has made the wrong choice... but that is sport.

Spot on - if he chooses rugby, I hope he goes on to have a great career for Munster and Ireland - don't want him to give up hurling and end up playing bit part for Munster, with maybe odd appearance v Zebre or Glasgow before heading off to second tier French or English outfit at 24-25.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

29th Apr 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼