• Ballinascarthy

• Passage

• Ballymartle

• Clonakilty

• Banteer

• Harbour Rovers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think you are all overestimating the level. It's Junior A. They're not going to be spraying ball around and into the 4 corners of the pitch. Erins Own to win by enough not to be worrying last 5 mins.

Haven't seen any of Erin's Own but Jesus they'd want to be very good to be beating Kilshannig by 1 point let alone 5+. This Kilshannig side are one of the strangest but best junior teams I've seen in a long time. They aren't gifted with hurling, I'd go as far as to say they've about 4 or 5 good hurlers. But they're all monsters of men besides the 2 terriers they have at midfield, they're the most in your face side I've seen in a long time. The backs are absolutely tenacious, you don't get an inch off them. The forwards are all great ball winners and tough men to stop when they run at you. The stars have aligned for Kilshannig so far in that the heavens have opened heavy in all their games since beating Glanworth. They're built for playing in shite conditions. The pitch in the Pairc will suit Erin's Own more I'm sure but you'll get nothing easy from Kilshannig. They were only beaten by a point by Ballygiblin last year in extra time and Ballygiblin have blown through everything they've met(bar Mooncoin). I said it early on I fancied Kilshannig for the Avondhu title. They've a fully fit panel and I think it's hard to look past them. Looking forward to the game, it's been a great year of Junior hurling and I hope it ends on a high note with a good spectacle. I've not seen Erin's Own play so I'm not going to make a prediction but whoever wins tomorrow will have earned that trophy. Best of luck to both!

It’ll be an interesting match for sure, I won’t write off Kilshannig at all, I’m sure they’ll give it a right good crack absolutely and hope it’s a belter.

Erin’s Own aren’t an average thrown together second team this year, hadn’t really looked at their team before the semi-final, but I think they had 12/13 lads with senior experience listed, some were getting runouts in the Premier Senior just last year, a lot of lads playing with them are well above Junior A level hurling wise. Physically they’re there too, some of them are built for a different grade of hurling, must be serious numbers around the area at the moment. Not sure who the pitch will suit more in all honesty, Kilshannig might have the legs on them a bit from what I’ve seen of them, but I imagine Erin’s Own will have that bit more hurling wise and aren’t afraid of a scrappy match either. Looking forward to it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Roamer
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tony Roberts

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼