The Official Celtic Thread

Currently reading Alan Brazil's - Only here for a visit. A good read so far. Wasn't aware how badly Celtic had treated their victims of systematic child abuse in the Celtic Bhoys Club. Brazil suspects that Jock Stein may have been in on it.
:oops: I'd be astounded if that was the case given that he gave Torbett the door as soon as he heard. I think I read that he physically shoved him out of Celtic Park. To the shame of the club, the board at the time (after Stein) subsequently dealt with Torbett's trophy business.

Of course Brazil can say what he likes about dead people without fear of being sued. Wonder if he made any such allegations against people who were alive at the time of his allegations.
AFAIK when it went to court Stein was fully exonerated.

But he did win the European Cup and RFC died trying to copy that.

:oops: I'd be astounded if that was the case given that he gave Torbett the door as soon as he heard. I think I read that he physically shoved him out of Celtic Park. To the shame of the club, the board at the time (after Stein) subsequently dealt with Torbett's trophy business.

Of course Brazil can say what he likes about dead people without fear of being sued. Wonder if he made any such allegations against people who were alive at the time of his allegations.
AFAIK when it went to court Stein was fully exonerated.

But he did win the European Cup and RFC died trying to copy that.
Torbett was kicked out and then years later was allowed to return as a fundraiser. Shame on Celtic on how they handled everything.

Torbett was kicked out and then years later was allowed to return as a fundraiser. Shame on Celtic on how they handled everything.

Absolutely disgraceful that utter c**t was allowed anywhere near the club once it was known what he did. Fairly sure Stein was gone when the club under the Whites and Kellys started dealing with the scumbag again. That's why I'm astounded that Stein would have been in any way implicated and as I say, he was fully exonerated in court. Pity the Whites and/or Kellys didn't have pressing questions to answer as to why they had any dealinigs with Torbett after he became a known paedophile. 😞

Vile club, it really is.

Bombshell abuse dossier includes names of 24 with links to Celtic or Boys Club

A group calling for an independent inquiry into historic sex abuse in Scottish football is calling on authorities to investigate a dossier of more than 20 names that they say are linked to abuse.

Spotlight has supplied the Scottish Daily Express with the list of men with links to Celtic FC or Celtic Boys Club, compiled from statements given from victims, active court cases, convictions and sources shared with the group.

Many of them have never been formally identified other than by their victims and their families.

So far, eight men connected to the Boys Club have been convicted of more than 55 historic child sex abuse cases with a further three pending criminal trials.

Three of those sentenced cannot be identified due to ongoing legal restrictions.

It comes as the Scottish Daily Express revealed that the group have identified as many as 40 former players who have since died due to suicide, violence or addiction whose names and ages could match former players - thirteen of which are confirmed to have played under paedophiles employed by Celtic FC or Celtic Boys Club.

Vile club, it really is.

Bombshell abuse dossier includes names of 24 with links to Celtic or Boys Club

A group calling for an independent inquiry into historic sex abuse in Scottish football is calling on authorities to investigate a dossier of more than 20 names that they say are linked to abuse.

Spotlight has supplied the Scottish Daily Express with the list of men with links to Celtic FC or Celtic Boys Club, compiled from statements given from victims, active court cases, convictions and sources shared with the group.

Many of them have never been formally identified other than by their victims and their families.

So far, eight men connected to the Boys Club have been convicted of more than 55 historic child sex abuse cases with a further three pending criminal trials.

Three of those sentenced cannot be identified due to ongoing legal restrictions.

It comes as the Scottish Daily Express revealed that the group have identified as many as 40 former players who have since died due to suicide, violence or addiction whose names and ages could match former players - thirteen of which are confirmed to have played under paedophiles employed by Celtic FC or Celtic Boys Club.

Absolutely disgusting carry on and it tarnishes the name of Celtic. Hopefully all the victims get adequately compensated in as much as money can compensate. Those guilty should be locked up for a VERY long time. And, unfortunately, this happened at other clubs too. Hopefully the spotlight will shine on all the dimly lit corners and expose those beasts who preyed on youngsters.

Not seen any of it but got notified on my phone that having taken a 1-0 lead Celtic are now 2-1 down to Sydney FC (67 mins gone). A bit disappointing but at least they're getting in some warm-weather training, and CalMac is back in training.

0-0 against Everton overnight. Then pens at the end.... obviously Celtic lost those!

Mad to go all the way round the world to play a team set up the same way as most of the SPFL. Everton were very poor on the ball and coughed it up constantly under pressure. Celtic very poor at finishing. Friendlies are exactly that....but it would have been nice to play a team that does something different to what we see every week.

0-0 against Everton overnight. Then pens at the end.... obviously Celtic lost those!

Mad to go all the way round the world to play a team set up the same way as most of the SPFL. Everton were very poor on the ball and coughed it up constantly under pressure. Celtic very poor at finishing. Friendlies are exactly that....but it would have been nice to play a team that does something different to what we see every week.

Saw the "High"lights. Gawd but we spurned some gilt edged chances. :(

Still, if we're going to lose games I'm happy that it's in a friendly.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Carsie Blanton
The White Horse, Ballincollig

13th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Felix Da Housecat

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼