The Hurling Thread

We were told last year some of the Cork lads couldn't get All Stars because they had a bad final. I'm thinking Sean O Donaghue in particular. Possibly Jack O Connor. Fast forward 12 months, Tony Kelly stinks out Croke Park in the All Ireland semi final with his performance and they have no issue awarding him a gong. Different rules for different counties in my opinion. All depends if your face fits with the Dublin media.

I'm flabbergasted that Ciaran Joyce wasn't awarded YHOTY as well. I know Butler was good, but he wasn't consistently at Joyce's level and is getting the award off the back of a man marking job in the semi.

We were told last year some of the Cork lads couldn't get All Stars because they had a bad final. I'm thinking Sean O Donaghue in particular. Possibly Jack O Connor. Fast forward 12 months, Tony Kelly stinks out Croke Park in the All Ireland semi final with his performance and they have no issue awarding him a gong. Different rules for different counties in my opinion. All depends if your face fits with the Dublin media.

I'm flabbergasted that Ciaran Joyce wasn't awarded YHOTY as well. I know Butler was good, but he wasn't consistently at Joyce's level and is getting the award off the back of a man marking job in the semi.

Thought Butler a good final also, indeed the KK FB line were completely isolated in that final and yet probably came out on top, considering the amount of ball going in. contrast that with when our FB line were isolated the year before. Butler probably deserved YHOTY, Joyce will have his day yet.

Thought Butler a good final also, indeed the KK FB line were completely isolated in that final and yet probably came out on top, considering the amount of ball going in. contrast that with when our FB line were isolated the year before. Butler probably deserved YHOTY, Joyce will have his day yet.
Was between MB & CJ alright but if Eoin Cody had won it he would've had 3 in-a-row. Lovely player to watch, really neat & smart.

Could not agree more , i felt he would get it after Butler got the All-Star....we will neaver win awards easy like others do...last year s insult after reaching the final and dont forget the footballers winning in 2010 and getting no forward All Star.

He was brutal in the quarter final against Wexford bar the last 10 minutes. But hey it’s Tony Kelly.

Could not agree more , i felt he would get it after Butler got the All-Star....we will neaver win awards easy like others do...last year s insult after reaching the final and dont forget the footballers winning in 2010 and getting no forward All Star.
I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of you. I'd be watching me back for the rest of my life 😀

He was brutal in the quarter final against Wexford bar the last 10 minutes. But hey it’s Tony Kelly.
He's some bang all the same though. Himself and Cian Lynch are the two best players in the country to watch in the flesh. Anytime they get near the ball the buzz in the crowd is palpable.

He's some bang all the same though. Himself and Cian Lynch are the two best players in the country to watch in the flesh. Anytime they get near the ball the buzz in the crowd is palpable.
No doubting he’s a special player. Can’t justify him getting an all star with those two poor performances. Will O Donoghue very hard done by in my opinion. Best midfielder in Ireland by a country mile

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼