The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

A few of us went to Isaacs on McCurtain Street last night. Staff were excellent imho. Despite the place being quite busy, and the tables almost on top of each other, the staff were friendly and attentive and there wasn't an interminable amount of time waiting for the food or bill either. Top class.
BUT, the food was meh and the prices were we thought saucy. Couple of bottles of house wine at 28 Euro each was so so but mediocre mains were about 25€ each (steaks were I think 32 for 10 oz sirloin and 35 for 8 oz fillet), even the deserts were 7.50 each. It's been a while since we all went out for a meal together but the five of us agreed for the prices charged the food was almost bland. Even the brie starter which used be one of my favourites in there back in the day was disappointing. 😔

Staff 10/10
Food Quality. 5/10
Value for money. 2/10

Just imho
I've stayed there before. The cost of a room was in line with the likes of the Imperial. Room was ok but food/bar/value for money was far superior at the Imperial. This was 2018, where I could a room+breakfast for just over a 100 snots. Fat chance of that nowadays.

His restaurant, his rules. He's preparing food to a high level. They must have been fucked about before for them to implement it in the first place
🤔
If he can't replace a booking in three days, not exactly high level efficiency.
I'm sure that if he does manage to replace the cancelled booking that he doesn't refund the cancellation charge.
His restaurant, his rules so up his fcuking arse!

A few of us went to Isaacs on McCurtain Street last night. Staff were excellent imho. Despite the place being quite busy, and the tables almost on top of each other, the staff were friendly and attentive and there wasn't an interminable amount of time waiting for the food or bill either. Top class.
BUT, the food was meh and the prices were we thought saucy. Couple of bottles of house wine at 28 Euro each was so so but mediocre mains were about 25€ each (steaks were I think 32 for 10 oz sirloin and 35 for 8 oz fillet), even the deserts were 7.50 each. It's been a while since we all went out for a meal together but the five of us agreed for the prices charged the food was almost bland. Even the brie starter which used be one of my favourites in there back in the day was disappointing. 😔

Staff 10/10
Food Quality. 5/10
Value for money. 2/10

Just imho
ummm... sounds a bit €€€ for your experience.. tbh I find that place v noisy - and hate eating in a noisy atmosphere.. what was the noise level like when you wer there?

🤔
If he can't replace a booking in three days, not exactly high level efficiency.
I'm sure that if he does manage to replace the cancelled booking that he doesn't refund the cancellation charge.
His restaurant, his rules so up his fcuking arse!
You're very angry lately.
Not everyone these days can afford to eat in such a place, maybe that's why it takes 3 days to get another booking

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼