2022 Premier Senior Hurling

How good Damien has played this year can be seen in the day we were without him and Conor we were very lucky to draw with a good Charleville team. Damien imho opinion has to start for cork next year and so has Conor.
It is all very fine for St. Finbarr's supporters to be loyal to DC but when Cork management and supporters are willing to tolerate the way his poor defending and lack of pace was shown up for the Kyle Hayes goal in the Pairc this year one has to beg the question where is Cork hurling going. All the coaching and S&C doesn't matter if the best team don't take to the field when the molten lava is flowing and for me DC doesn't make anything near that cut. Timmy Mac was maligned for his poor aerial ability for such a big, strong athletic guy and his tendency to go in and out of games but nobody questioned his pace and hurling ability as it was there in abundance.

It is all very fine for St. Finbarr's supporters to be loyal to DC but when Cork management and supporters are willing to tolerate the way his poor defending and lack of pace was shown up for the Kyle Hayes goal in the Pairc this year one has to beg the question where is Cork hurling going. All the coaching and S&C doesn't matter if the best team don't take to the field when the molten lava is flowing and for me DC doesn't make anything near that cut. Timmy Mac was maligned for his poor aerial ability for such a big, strong athletic guy and his tendency to go in and out of games but nobody questioned his pace and hurling ability as it was there in abundance.
Brace yourself corkonian.....very brave post and some validity to it

I don’t think the Kyle Hayes goal was due solely to Cahalane. Mark Coleman had ample time to cover, but didn’t. Cork’s defensive frailties are well documented. Mark Coleman is a fine hurler, but not a center back. TOM is not a defender! I could go on and on, but Cahalane should not be the fall guy for everything! Ciarán Joyce at center back is a find but we need a dependable full back and a goalkeeper. Wayne Sherlock will be an excellent coach here!

Barrs Footballers back to full training tomorrow night.

I thought it was tonight. At least that's what I was told by a guy who plays for them said :unsure:

Damian Cahalane has more heart in his baby finger than some inter-county hurlers have. Mightn't have their skill, poise, or pace but when the going gets tough I think it's good knowing there's a guy like that in the team. Picking the place to play him could be a problem though.

I don’t think the Kyle Hayes goal was due solely to Cahalane. Mark Coleman had ample time to cover, but didn’t. Cork’s defensive frailties are well documented. Mark Coleman is a fine hurler, but not a center back. TOM is not a defender! I could go on and on, but Cahalane should not be the fall guy for everything! Ciarán Joyce at center back is a find but we need a dependable full back and a goalkeeper. Wayne Sherlock will be an excellent coach here!
I have never complimented Mark Coleman's defending but he's simply selected out of position. However as a full-back and supposedly out and out defender Cahalane was also on the wrong side and when Hayes broke inside DC had no recovery whatsoever, it was Mark Coleman's pace that made up the ground chasing Hayes but he still couldn't stop the Limerick man from scoring that goal. You're right on one thing we need a dependable full-back and DC is not the answer.

On the other hand Patrick Collins has to start in goal otherwise there is no sense whatsoever to player development. Comparing the goalkeeping situation to the full-back situation is like chalk and cheese. DC has been there for 10 years and isn't simply up there with other inter-county full-backs whereas PC is only a starter for two years in a very unprofessional set-up.

I have never complimented Mark Coleman's defending but he's simply selected out of position. However as a full-back and supposedly out and out defender Cahalane was also on the wrong side and when Hayes broke inside DC had no recovery whatsoever, it was Mark Coleman's pace that made up the ground chasing Hayes but he still couldn't stop the Limerick man from scoring that goal. You're right on one thing we need a dependable full-back and DC is not the answer.

On the other hand Patrick Collins has to start in goal otherwise there is no sense whatsoever to player development. Comparing the goalkeeping situation to the full-back situation is like chalk and cheese. DC has been there for 10 years and isn't simply up there with other inter-county full-backs whereas PC is only a starter for two years in a very unprofessional set-up.
Patrick Collins is not dependable. Gifted Galway 2 goals in a game that Damien Cahalane excelled. Goalkeeper is the most important position on the field. We’ve had excellent keepers in the past and Collins is nowhere near that standard Damien Cahalane will be on the panel next year, as he can play in every defensive position bar none. Marc Coleman should have on the spot to back up Cahalane when Kyle Hayes turned him, but was standing still 20 yards away. Robert Downey also gets turned quite easily!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sprints

Coughlan's, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼