2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Woke up this morning on a strangers couch, no idea where i was head pounding. my throat as dry as sandpaper,
The sitting room door opens this woman looks in and screams, she runs back upnstairs and i hear her shout to the husband...theres a fella on the couch,
Next i hear red and blues voice..thats jimmy i brought him back this morning, put on a couple of fries there love,
she peplied...what did your last slave die of,? I got dressed and red and blue came in and said come on kid we are meeting
bluesball in the welcome inn,
could be a long week.

Woke up this morning on a strangers couch, no idea where i was head pounding. my arse as dry as sandpaper,
The sitting room door opens this woman looks in and screams, she runs back upnstairs and i hear her shout to the husband...theres a fella on the couch,
Next i hear red and blues voice..thats jimmy i brought him back this morning, put on a couple of fries there love,
she peplied...what did your last slave die of,? I got dressed and red and blue came in and said come on kid we are meeting
could be a long week.
Fyp jimmy m8.

Saw a few videos of the team parading the cup from the Gallows junction to MOKS, brought back fond memories, I have never seen so many grown adults shed tears as i did yesterday, I was going to just stay in the stand but my 11 year old young fella was adamant he was going on the pitch, so on we went, My barrs supporting uncle passed away during the summer my young fella wore his jersey yesterday, Have to say it was emotional,

Woke up this morning on a strangers couch, no idea where i was head pounding. my throat as dry as sandpaper,
could be a long week.
brilliant - enjoy the celebrations lads - it’s great to see the Barrs back - for me they have always been a microcosm of the Cork team - always had hurling ability, colorful supporters, fast open team, huge traditional success but hit a famine, lacked physicality for a number of years but worked on the underage and came back with the right mix of athleticism, power, experience and youth to match their unquestionable hurling ability - will this be Cork in 2023 lads ? the omens are good surely. Pat Ryan will have some headache trying to decide whether to give a glut of these Barrs players a go with Cork or just try to find other players who can play just like them. Cork would have struggled to win a big game in those condictions yesterday but Barrs showed how it can be done and it is a lesson for Cork hurling in general.

Fair play to the Barrs yesterday. Serious performance and well deserved victory in awful conditions. Playing into the wind in the second half really seemed to suit them. Cunningham was outstanding but we have a serious player in Ethan Twoomey lads. Player of the year for me. He dominated that game yesterday against a very good club player in Meaney.
We seem to say it every year that a team can go on and dominate like we did with the Rockies in 2020 but this Barrs team are littered with inter county players. Potentially 7-8 good enough to make a step up to the Cork senior panel...at least.
Credit to Blackrock, I don't think they performed well all year, bar patches in the quarter and semi. They will be there or there abouts again next year, I'd suspect under new management. A very solid club team. Busy few weeks ahead for the Barrs. I'd fancy them to beat the Clare champs. Unless we see a TK masterclass assuming Ballyhea win in.
Final point from me. Very excited for next year with the likes of Midleton and Sars to come back into the fold with new management. Cork hurling certainly heading in the right direction.

Congrats to all the barrs lads.

Lads, surely I'm not the only one who sees something different in this Barrs team. Does anyone else think we're looking at something special here? They just look to be in another league to me. I thought they'd lose today, but only because I didn't think they'd have the mental fortitude to take the pressure and perform. They did, and they did, especially the young lads. They seem to have more hurling, and more physicality than I've seen in a long time. I guess it's too soon to say for sure, but sometimes you just get the feeling that you're watching something magic emerging. We're all happy for them tonight, but we could be shit sick of them sooner than we think!

O'Connor was terrific. Sounds to me like he's going rugbying though. The only thing that might stop him are the horror stories coming out about long term brain damage and how you can't really do much to stop it without changing the game into something else. But when you're young stuff like that never really matters, does it? He has a big hurling career ahead of him if he wants it. He has the chance to be a part of a golden era for Cork and the Barrs. But I'm sure the rugby lads might say similar things. If he goes the professional route, I'll content myself that at least I once saw him and his neighbours and friends hurl their way through a monsoon! Best of luck to him.
These young lads are special alright, they have never left us down since they were young kids, they won some and lost some underage but there’s a belief in them that is incredible. They represent the Barrs jersey the way it should be, pride, passion, skill and confidence oozing from every sinew.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, they remind me of the kids of 77 who burst on the scene defeating the all ireland champions of 76 Glen Rovers in the final, they went on to dominate cork hurling from 80-84 only losing one county final in that period.

But a word of caution to us all, that same team lost a semi and a final in 78 & 79 so it may not happen that we dominate from here. And the previous time we won the senior hurling in 93 we were totally dominate at minor and u21 for a 5 year period yet we never won one again for 29 years.

So there will be no getting carried away with one fantastic win cause come 2023 we will have a target on our head in every game we play.

Watching the team parade up Bandon Road last night was so special, the older generation who were part of the 70s and early 80s were crying like school children and the guys who were part of the last success in 93 were utterly relieved that no longer are they the last team to win a senior hurling county

The Barrs are back, but we now have to stay here, no more 29 year waits, that’s the next goal

On the cork panel for next year i would have Ben O Connor, Ben Cunningham and Brian Hayes straight in and I’m hoping Ethan Twomey, who’s already on the panel, will become an integral part of the cork set up next year. And if there are better players than them to play then fair enough, we will be in a great position to have a right cut off the all ireland.

These young lads are special alright, they have never left us down since they were young kids, they won some and lost some underage but there’s a belief in them that is incredible. They represent the Barrs jersey the way it should be, pride, passion, skill and confidence oozing from every sinew.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, they remind me of the kids of 77 who burst on the scene defeating the all ireland champions of 76 Glen Rovers in the final, they went on to dominate cork hurling from 80-84 only losing one county final in that period.

But a word of caution to us all, that same team lost a semi and a final in 78 & 79 so it may not happen that we dominate from here. And the previous time we won the senior hurling in 93 we were totally dominate at minor and u21 for a 5 year period yet we never won one again for 29 years.

So there will be no getting carried away with one fantastic win cause come 2023 we will have a target on our head in every game we play.

Watching the team parade up Bandon Road last night was so special, the older generation who were part of the 70s and early 80s were crying like school children and the guys who were part of the last success in 93 were utterly relieved that no longer are they the last team to win a senior hurling county

The Barrs are back, but we now have to stay here, no more 29 year waits, that’s the next goal
Sat behind one couple yesterday whose son retired last year after 14 years in the jersey, but they were in tears of joy afterwards,

Saw a few videos of the team parading the cup from the Gallows junction to MOKS, brought back fond memories, I have never seen so many grown adults shed tears as i did yesterday, I was going to just stay in the stand but my 11 year old young fella was adamant he was going on the pitch, so on we went, My barrs supporting uncle passed away during the summer my young fella wore his jersey yesterday, Have to say it was emotional,
Great stuff JimmY, and congrats to all of the Barrs fans on here

I'm delighted myself, my grandad was a serious Barrs man so I'd have gone to see every Barrs match with him for years. He isn't here to have enjoyed yesterday unfortunately, had he been alive I'd definitely have been home to bring him to the Paric and enjoy it. Great day for the club, great to see city hurling making a comeback.. they were great days when it was strong and hopefully that can be recaptured now

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

3rd Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼