Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

Well, she was originally a "Romainer".....................

This series is a cracker so far in fairness.........................

20Y gilt yields (effective Govt borrowing costs) just topped 5% again 5.02 for first time since Bank of England first intervened after mini Budget…after Bailey hard line message - shock August GDP fall.
View attachment 15843

Is there even anyone in charge?
Duh Market is in charge.

Bank of England Press Office

@BoE_PressOffice

A Bank of England spokesperson said: "As the Bank has made clear from the outset, its temporary and targeted purchases of gilts will end on 14 October. “As the Bank has made clear from the outset, its temporary and targeted purchases of gilts will end on 14 October.

Change of policy from earlier and back to yesterday's position.

1665568600632.png
What is going on?

Will be brutal PR if the Tory benches do their usual baying donkeys schtick today at PMQs.

As starmer has just put his party on an election footing, he better put in some performance today.

I'd say Truss is easily got at and if he pushes the right button she could go totally off script. Either that or he asks a very sensitive question about cuts or the NHS and she just robots her irrelevant script.

Will be brutal PR if the Tory benches do their usual baying donkeys schtick today at PMQs.

As starmer has just put his party on an election footing, he better put in some performance today.

I'd say Truss is easily got at and if he pushes the right button she could go totally off script. Either that or he asks a very sensitive question about cuts or the NHS and she just robots her irrelevant script.
She will just waffle on about energy supports and her "Anti-Growth Coalition" nonsense and just blame Labour even though the Tories have been in power for 12+ years.

Shadow Chancellor Rachel Reeves has been granted an Urgent Question on the ongoing economic turmoil so if I was Liz, I would just start downing a half a bottle of gin right now.

It would not help her to answer, but at least she would be guaranteed to sleep for the whole afternoon.

must be seriously contemplating a no confidence motion and make the back benchers stick or twist on Truss. There's definitely 40 who would consider crossing the floor.
Yeah, now feels like a time when a no confidence motion could be won.

But that said, it is highly irresponsible to trigger an election in the midst of this shitstorm. And I don't think Labour much fancy dealing with the aftermath. I certainly wouldn't like to take power in this situation...

Keir Starmer: "This morning the Business Secretary toured the TV studios arguing that the turmoil in the markets had nothing to do with her budget- does the PM agree with him?"

Liz Truss doesn't answer- instead talking about "decisive action" on energy bills.

As I predicted.

She is hopeless.

Listening to Jacob this morning doing the rounds on LBC he's one slick operator and has an answer for everything. So frustrating.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on the BBC Radio 4 Today Programme denying that the government's new windfall tax is a windfall tax was just comical.

Jacob Rees-Mogg denying that the unfunded mini-budget tax cuts that caused a crisis even more so.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Daniel Lukas: The Only Funny German
The Roundy, Castle St.

17th Oct 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼