• Kilmurry

• Aghinagh

• St Mary's

• Tadhg MacCarthaighs

• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think divisional setups at underage are better than the Rebel Og setup and Premier competitions at a county level
I wouldn't agree with all this talk of Rebel Og being a major success.
They Mid Region has just been created which is a mixture of teams from all other Regions.
If your on the border of regions a club could be thrown into different regions playing teams they have never played before and have no local rivalry with.

Division boards are a disgrace. Going completely against the grain all the time.
Old dinosaurs still making the decisions and just wannabe clones of Frank.
Example, off topic but many will understand, Junior Hurling final in Avondhu fixed for Sunday at 2pm. Cork senior hurling final on at 4. Reason it can't be played on the Saturday as there is no pitch available.
In all honesty I have never heard such a lame excuse.
Plenty venues available that I know would love to have it.
At VERY worst play it under lights on Sunday evening.
Even at that there is no rush with it as no munster involved from a cork point of view.
As well as that Charleville were made play the Junior Football final in the division a few days after hurling championship.
Buttevent won and not playing in the County for 4 to 5 weeks. What was the rush?
This went to the clubs and they both wanted it played on the Sunday. Ballygiblin (Avondhu Division) are playing their county final on Saturday so they did not want it clashing with this either. Also, there is a rush with this competition as Kilshanig still have the IAFC final to play.

This went to the clubs and they both wanted it played on the Sunday. Ballygiblin (Avondhu Division) are playing their county final on Saturday so they did not want it clashing with this either. Also, there is a rush with this competition as Kilshanig still have the IAFC final to play.
Kilshannig were perfectly fine having it on the Saturday, LC Gaels did not want it on the Saturday which is normal for both clubs to have their own issues to sort.
It should just have been fixed on the Saturday with thought put into the biggest hurling game in Cork on the Sunday and with an idea that people might want to attend both games as they only happen once in the year.
We will be long enough without the game for the winter months just a bit of consideration for hurling people would have been helpful.
And back to topic in mind. There was no rush with the Buttevent Charleville game as it has absolutely nothing to do with the Intermediate A football final

👆

Also, plenty of clubs would hos alright but couldn't put those teams over to Araglen for instance. Doneraile couldn't host much, Ballyhea won't take anything if there's a few drops of rain, Ballyclough parking would be an issue if it was raining etc. While Castletown are always blowing up their own pitch and it is a great pitch but they've hosted more finals that any club has played has played in the final lol.

But I suppose it's easier blame the boards. Not all innocent but not at all trying to make it awkward for everyone either. Not a job I'd be taking on, like many here I'd imagine.

👆

Also, plenty of clubs would hos alright but couldn't put those teams over to Araglen for instance. Doneraile couldn't host much, Ballyhea won't take anything if there's a few drops of rain, Ballyclough parking would be an issue if it was raining etc. While Castletown are always blowing up their own pitch and it is a great pitch but they've hosted more finals that any club has played has played in the final lol.

But I suppose it's easier blame the boards. Not all innocent but not at all trying to make it awkward for everyone either. Not a job I'd be taking on, like many here I'd imagine.
What's wrong with Killavullen, Mournabbey, Dromina, Newtown Charleville ect?
Saying there is no pitch available is a lazy excuse. Plenty available in fairness.
The obvious choice was ballyclough and I know they have steward issues fair enough move it on to one of the others.
It don't matter if it was on in ballybunion,both teams and supporters would have travelled to it.

What's wrong with Killavullen, Mournabbey, Dromina, Newtown Charleville ect?
Saying there is no pitch available is a lazy excuse. Plenty available in fairness.
The obvious choice was ballyclough and I know they have steward issues fair enough move it on to one of the others.
It don't matter if it was on in ballybunion,both teams and supporters would have travelled to it.
I'm not disagreeing. It should be going ahead on Saturday in the first place. Crazy to go up against the Co PSHC Final.

I do know Mourneabbey pitch wouldn't take it though.

Kilshannig were perfectly fine having it on the Saturday, LC Gaels did not want it on the Saturday which is normal for both clubs to have their own issues to sort.
It should just have been fixed on the Saturday with thought put into the biggest hurling game in Cork on the Sunday and with an idea that people might want to attend both games as they only happen once in the year.
We will be long enough without the game for the winter months just a bit of consideration for hurling people would have been helpful.
And back to topic in mind. There was no rush with the Buttevent Charleville game as it has absolutely nothing to do with the Intermediate A football final
You may have a point about the fixing of the football final which was discussed around 20 pages ago I'd say! Watch the senior final on the examiner 😉

I just think the divisional boards in general get a bad doing at times as they are the easiest ones to give out about. Competitions are harder to run than one may think.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼