2022 Intermediate A hurling

Look its all on the day ... another day things could have been different but other teams in the grade had unlucky days too . At the end of the day fair play to Dungourney took their chance when it came

Went down to the double header today, I thought this was a very poor quality game and wouldn’t have looked out of place in a junior game. A lot of stoppages, errors and conditions didn’t help.

Dungourney made the most of their chances but I’d think Cloduv will feel they left it behind them. Free taking was very suspect on the Cloduv side.

Hegarthy was best on show, think he ended up with 5 from play for Dungourney. Didn’t think Leahy who I was looking forward to seeing play really stood out but is only 18. Would of liked to have seen him play inside a bit more often.

Was chatting with the fella next to me from Cloduv and he said that they were losing 8/9 players next year to travelling abroad. Reckons they could be in relegation trouble in intermediate never mind premier.

Based on todays showing I’d expect Dungourney to be battling relegation next year too. I don’t envisage a Castlemartyr esque run but again could be wrong on that

Went down to the double header today, I thought this was a very poor quality game and wouldn’t have looked out of place in a junior game. A lot of stoppages, errors and conditions didn’t help.

Dungourney made the most of their chances but I’d think Cloduv will feel they left it behind them. Free taking was very suspect on the Cloduv side.

Hegarthy was best on show, think he ended up with 5 from play for Dungourney. Didn’t think Leahy who I was looking forward to seeing play really stood out but is only 18. Would of liked to have seen him play inside a bit more often.

Was chatting with the fella next to me from Cloduv and he said that they were losing 8/9 players next year to travelling abroad. Reckons they could be in relegation trouble in intermediate never mind premier.

Based on todays showing I’d expect Dungourney to be battling relegation next year too. I don’t envisage a Castlemartyr esque run but again could be wrong on that
I suspect that lots of clubs are going to suffer from players heading overseas next year. Now that covid has passed, young players in their early and mid twenties are going to travel again.
From my perspective there isn't much of a difference between premier junior, intermediate a and a number of the weaker clubs at premier intermediate. Aghada went down last year and couldn't even get out of their group. For that reason I can see Dungourney staying at premier intermediate level and avoiding relegation.

Not to be to judgement you said Dungourney wouldn’t get out of the group this year and their ended up winning the intermediate title few dues to any team who win the title let them enjoy the victory and who knows how their we go next year
to be fair I reckon at the lower grades it's nigh on impossible to be certain who will and won't move from the middle of the pack to the top. There are nearly always a few teams circling the drain who'll act as cannon fodder yet most teams have fairly tight panels and are an injury or 2 to key players away from having a short season.

Fair play to Dungourney though - the winning run they are on will stand them in good stead for the coming year and they should be able to consolidate their place in premier intermediate for a year or 2.

Again, seedings and luck of the draw can have a huge bearing on a teams chances of avoiding relegation.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Roamer
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Shlomo Franklin

The Richmond Revival, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼