The County Board Complaints Thread

Does Frank Need To Go

• Total voters
They tried last year. Got destroyed. Mayfield are the only intermediate hurling club in the city division. That’s not enough to form a strong Seandún team.
That was really disappointing alright. Maybe the suggestion of Divisions playing Senior A is one to look at. I think the junior/intermediate City clubs are in a different position to their Country cousins as the parish boundaries don't apply to the same degree. Maybe something like a Seandun selection playing P1 minor could be looked at. They did it in the Harty to great success with the Waterford Colleges and likewise in Leinster with Dublin. I think everything should be on the table. We may be tribal and our own clubs are number one but for me I just want kids playing the game. The GAA may get a bad rap but ultimately it's a great thing to be part of and the more young men we can keep playing the better for us and them.

That was really disappointing alright. Maybe the suggestion of Divisions playing Senior A is one to look at. I think the junior/intermediate City clubs are in a different position to their Country cousins as the parish boundaries don't apply to the same degree. Maybe something like a Seandun selection playing P1 minor could be looked at. They did it in the Harty to great success with the Waterford Colleges and likewise in Leinster with Dublin. I think everything should be on the table. We may be tribal and our own clubs are number one but for me I just want kids playing the game. The GAA may get a bad rap but ultimately it's a great thing to be part of and the more young men we can keep playing the better for us and them.
Definitely merit in a city minor hurling team for Junior and Intermediate clubs. Hard to see where they’d find the time to play games but certainly worth discussing.

It's not an exact science and unfortunately there will always be thrashings but it's not endemic in the system. We all like to complain about the County Board but I think rebelog get a lot more right than they get wrong. If you feel like your club is getting battered every week then surely ye should be looking to regrade.
The problem isn’t always teams graded too high. A lot of clubs are graded too low too.

The problem isn’t always teams graded too high. A lot of clubs are graded too low too.
Absolutely. Some clubs play the game which is just pathetic. Winning a championship by a cricket score in every match is no buzz. Winning or losing something by a point after a titanic battle is something you remember for the rest of your life.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼