The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

Went to Sonflour on castle street yesterday.

Vegetarian/Vegan Italian place. A good experience all round.

Relaxed vibe. Nice dining room with 6 or 8 tables and an open kitchen. All very trendy and insta friendly.

The offering is basically pasta à la sauce or foccacia type pizzas. They go big on provenance. Everything fresh and made in house as local as possible with basil and tomatoes and the wine from Italy. The owner/chef came over and gave us the run down as did the waiter

Wine list was short but high quality from what i could make out

All mains about a tenner all starters 6 or 7 so straight up cheap really.

The food was lovely and really was fresh. It was a bit one note is the only thing. My foccicia starter was basically a dressed down version of my pizza main and that was after getting a recommendation from the waiter.

The ravioli was a lovely dish though but again missing some depth.

Service was friendly. There was loads of italian speakers calling in to meet the lads so atmosphere was good

we were out the gap for 90 euros. 3 courses 2 people and wine.

All in all a lovely little place i hope they do well. I reckon Da Mirco offer a better overall Italian job in Cork. Not everywhere can be the best but Sonflour give it a decent shot.

Its worth a night out definitely.

Not sure if they open for lunch but for a single course lunch you're onto a good thing

Last edited:
Went to Burritos and Blues last night on Paul Street. They were prioritising orders coming in from deliveryoo so we were waiting ages. When they eventually served us they forgot about our Quesadillas and then rushed them, so they were only baked on one side.

Very disappointing tbh.

Anyone see The Restaurant on Virgin TV earlier?

I watched as I wanted to see our own Mr. Myazaki as the judge.

But jesus Christ the "diners". Is the criteria for appearing on the show just being an annoying cunt?

Anyone see The Restaurant on Virgin TV earlier?

I watched as I wanted to see our own Mr. Myazaki as the judge.

But jesus Christ the "diners". Is the criteria for appearing on the show just being an annoying cunt?
nope, lol.. I think they throw in a few who will be "entertaining"; heard John (Maitre d') talking about it on Newstalk yesterday,.. I was a diner on it once.. twas some craic.. the amount of wine consumed.. yikes.. Amanda Bunker was the chef.. had no idea.. the food was fab,.. she got 5 stars... RIP Paolo Tullio..

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

23rd May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

All You Need Is Death (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:15pm

More events ▼