Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

Behave like an opposition, manifesto ready, promote their platform, provide the ready made alternative. Starmer is in say nothing let the Tories fuck up mode. If that's his only strategy to win the next GE it's piss poor.
The Tories have a habit of stealing their manifesto/ideas so you can't publish it too early ahead of an election.

There's fuck all the opposition can do except call them out on it repeatedly.

The English press don't help and the electorate are thick cunts too.

Behave like an opposition, manifesto ready, promote their platform, provide the ready made alternative. Starmer is in say nothing let the Tories fuck up mode. If that's his only strategy to win the next GE it's piss poor.
You were saying on the government thread that SF shouldn't publicise their opposition budget until the last minute yet in England you want Labour to publicise their election manifesto two years in advance?

The Tories have a habit of stealing their manifesto/ideas so you can't publish it too early ahead of an election.

There's fuck all the opposition can do except call them out on it repeatedly.

The English press don't help and the electorate are thick cunts too.
I wouldn't be too smug about their electorate yet. Wait to see what shower we vote into power next time.

Well they think the energy crisis should be paid for via a windfall tax and that this budget is regressive nonsense. Sounds reasonable to me.

Without giving away their next election strategy too early and thus giving the Tories 2 years to attack it, what else should they do?

I really can see protests breaking out soon. There is an EU rejoin march on the 22nd October but i can see many more protests kicking off in the next 6 months.

As opposition, you have to be very careful of leading street protests. That is potentially a Pandora's box that, once opened, is really hard to close.

Put it this way, what happens if the Tories respond in kind, getting the likes of the EDL out on the streets to advocate for you?

Suddenly, you have politics being played out in the streets. Historically, that has not worked out fantastically well.

You were saying on the government thread that SF shouldn't publicise their opposition budget until the last minute yet in England you want Labour to publicise their election manifesto two years in advance?
I was saying in the government thread that implying SF wouldn't publicise their alternative budget before Monday was because they were still trying to figure out the maths could be said of the government who are not releasing their budget til Tuesday when it's their budget that will effect our pockets i.e. it was a nonsense attack.

And as it happened they released it yesterday where a journalist asked MLMcD when was the last time she was at mass.

But to your point a budget announcement within days is not the same as a manifesto for government for the next election.

Point being his strategy is let the Tories fuck up.
Like when Boris resigning not resigning happened he should have called a motion of no confidence there and then.

He is not a politician. An intelligent, public service oriented, articulate and possibly genuine guy maybe - but he's not a politician and per his own party polling is seen as boring and uninspiring. It's like he's happy to take over by default IF the Tories get the kicking the polls are indicating. He needs that GE asap not wait for it in 2 years.

I was saying in the government thread that implying SF wouldn't publicise their alternative budget before Monday was because they were still trying to figure out the maths could be said of the government who are not releasing their budget til Tuesday when it's their budget that will effect our pockets i.e. it was a nonsense attack.

And as it happened they released it yesterday where a journalist asked MLMcD when was the last time she was at mass.

But to your point a budget announcement within days is not the same as a manifesto for government for the next election.

Point being his strategy is let the Tories fuck up.
Like when Boris resigning not resigning happened he should have called a motion of no confidence there and then.

He is not a politician. An intelligent, public service oriented, articulate and possibly genuine guy maybe - but he's not a politician and per his own party polling is seen as boring and uninspiring. It's like he's happy to take over by default IF the Tories get the kicking the polls are indicating. He needs that GE asap not wait for it in 2 years.
I'd much prefer a boring politician than the jumped up incompetent morons who have dominated British politics for years.

Ian Paisley was a great politician but an absolute disaster. I'd say the last great politician on the left of British politics was Blair.

Should he be more like Blair?

I'd much prefer a boring politician than the jumped up incompetent morons who have dominated British politics for years.

Ian Paisley was a great politician but an absolute disaster. I'd say the last great politician on the left of British politics was Blair.

Should he be more like Blair?
I don't think he can afford to wait til the parliament term expires. He needs to go on the front foot more. Needs to slam the tories, change the narrative, engage the public, precipitate an election.

Tory press will rip him to shreds over next 18 to 24 months I don't think he'll hold the 12 point lead. He needs to capitalise on the shit show the Tories are causing asap in my view.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hank Wedel
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

13th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼