The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fintan has a go off Leo today apparently........

He'll be Taoiseach soon again.
FG will get a bounce from that.
What happens in FF will be telling.

No matter whether you believe RedC or B&A.......it's FGFF+ after next election.

Lou Lou on Newstalk parroting the exact same lines as Pearse from yesterday.

'Budget for the people, change, need to plan for United Ireland'.

Shinner bingo, they've not a single interesting thing to say.

Fintan has a go off Leo today apparently........

He'll be Taoiseach soon again.
FG will get a bounce from that.
What happens in FF will be telling.

No matter whether you believe RedC or B&A.......it's FGFF+ after next election.
Yes a combined 40% will be enough , But would there be a sense with some in FG that stepping back and letting SF/FF
take the wheel for a spell and FG bide their time,?

Polls on satisfaction of partyy leaders never see any of them over 50%
It’s getting more and more like the Lord Mayor. Changes every year but makes no difference. A nice cosy arrangement between the parties. The real power resides with the civil servants. I think it’s the same with national government now. Thankfully that’s one of the most positive effects of the referendum that we had in 2012 on the fiscal compact. This treaty was designed to strengthen the euro by forcing governments to keep a strict balance between their income and spending. Mary Lou McDonald campaigned vigorously against it. She lost, and now even if she gets into government she’ll have to operate within the financial constraints laid down in our constitution by it. If she tries to introduce legislation which contravenes it, that legislation will be repugnant to the constitution and will be illegal.
In my opinion, the fiscal compact essentially placed long term financial planning outside the remit of politicians. Which can only be a good thing, given the cyclical nature of political preferences.

Here’s a link to Mary Lou McDonald speaking about why voting no in the referendum on what she called the austerity treaty was the right thing to do. Happily, her view was rejected by the electorate.

Yes a combined 40% will be enough , But would there be a sense with some in FG that stepping back and letting SF/FF
take the wheel for a spell and FG bide their time,?
That will never happen.
Neither FF or FG will touch them especially as even if they were that way inclined, and they're not, they'd be the junior partner based on the polls.

Before i headed into the pairc today i took a walk around the atlantic pond,
who walked towards me only michael martin, a nod of the head and a hows it going were exchanged, at that moment i thought of soundman and had a little chuckle,

Before i headed into the pairc today i took a walk around the atlantic pond,
who walked towards me only michael martin, a nod of the head and a hows it going were exchanged, at that moment i thought of soundman and had a little chuckle,
Jimmy I am glad you gave him the wink and nod . You’re Fame as the gentleman of the PROC is j justified and MM was probably telling the wife ( a magpie) that’s Jimmy M we just walked passed.
On the VAT for hospitality Jimmy I find this one a difficult one because they did lose a lot over COVID and now energy prices will surely be hitting hard. You probably know more about it than me but it’s so difficult now for independent small businesses to keep going. Fair enough the hotels and especially the rental car industry needs to be addressed but I think we all love going to a coffee house or cafe that’s not a Starbucks or Insomnia etc. Even dar say a public house restaurant.
I know from the States Jimmy that prices in Ireland right now are fair enough even for hotels in big cities at certain times.
Has the hospitality sector recovery been that great to raise it again. I don’t think imo it has in the small business sector. And they are our best product in Ireland.
MM got to meet Jimmy. He should retire happy now 👍

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Flash Harry - A Celebration of Queen

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼