Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

Was speechless when I listened to it on the radio this morning. I’m £1,000 better off per annum but am devastated as the wrong people benefitted today (including me).

Nothing for those on lower income.

Shameful budget, basically it’s a fuck you to the majority of the country. I think the Tory plan is to rip the shit out of it for 2 years, lose the next election and leave a mess for Labour and then moan ‘Labour put up your taxes’, yes because of your shit performance.

I can’t believe how angry I am

Was speechless when I listened to it on the radio this morning. I’m £1,000 better off per annum but am devastated as the wrong people benefitted today (including me).

Nothing for those on lower income.

Shameful budget, basically it’s a fuck you to the majority of the country. I think the Tory plan is to rip the shit out of it for 2 years, lose the next election and leave a mess for Labour and then moan ‘Labour put up your taxes’, yes because of your shit performance.

I can’t believe how angry I am
Yeah, just checked, I'm quite a lot better off too.

My wife, who runs a small business which is still building, is no better off whatsoever.

A slightly better move, if you wanted to reward the highest paid, would have been to remove the Tax Free Allowance withdrawal over £100k. For every £2 over £100k you earn, £1 is taken off your tax free allowance, making your marginal tax rate over £100k is 60%, until you hit £125k at which point it drops back down to 45%

This essentially exacerbates this, meaning the highest taxed people are those earning £100-£125k, NOT those over £125k.

It's an anomaly that is worth fixing.

How bad is it going to get lads?

On a '2008' comparison?

B
It’s going to be worse in my opinion, back then, if you didn’t lose your job and had a mortgage, you were a lot better off as interest rates were slashed. People and businesses also had some surplus built up during the boom years up to 2008.

I worked in London and we had no recession outside of it taking a lot longer to sell houses.

None of that exists now and those working with mortgages are being hit from all sides and the Bank of England can be expected to increase rates further.

Treasury and Bank of England are now working against each other, saw a commentator saying that it’s like driving with the accelerator and brake pressed at the same time.

I despair

She has a majority in WM to get her to the next election. That's a very long time to be going full ERG through the supermarionette Truss.

Labour again just letting it all happen.
Starmer should be all over this.

She has a majority in WM to get her to the next election. That's a very long time to be going full ERG through the supermarionette Truss.

Labour again just letting it all happen.
Starmer should be all over this.

What would you have them do? Cons have a majority. The Brits are getting what they voted for.

They made their bed, now they get to lie in it.

A6299E25-C9AE-4B2F-A39B-1B014C5ECCFF.jpeg
She’s sitting in front of an image that shows the cold facts and claims that her tax cuts are “fair.”

Yet another reason to be so grateful to the lads back in 1921.

They really did us a massive favour breaking us away from that shower of wankers.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Old Moderns

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼