Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

Even those commentators that are positively disposed to them are sounding alarms.
This is the F.F. budget from 1977 for 2022 turning the U.K. into Argentina potentially.

Cut taxes and regulation etc and hope for growth.

It is a massive gamble economically and politically a disaster for the Tories.

Ultimately it is just more cash for their backers and supporters and to hell with the so called "Red wall" areas who can now get fracking and earthquakes.

1663938312759.png

Pound just dropped below $1.10.
FTSE100 2.3% down.

That's some reaction to a budget announcement.

Whatever about the Euro's weakness against the dollar (and it has dropped massively in the past year, 30% peak to today), the pound was at $2 back in 2007!

Pound just dropped below $1.10.
FTSE100 2.3% down.

That's some reaction to a budget announcement.

Whatever about the Euro's weakness against the dollar (and it has dropped massively in the past year, 30% peak to today), the pound was at $2 back in 2007!
Former US Treasury Secretary Larry Summers tells Bloomberg: “It makes me very sorry to say, but I think the UK is behaving a bit like an emerging market turning itself into a submerging market.”

Summers: “Between Brexit, how far the Bank of England got behind the curve and now these fiscal policies, I think Britain will be remembered for having pursuing the worst macroeconomic policies of any major country in a long time.”

Summers: “It would not surprise me if the pound eventually gets below a dollar, if the current path is maintained…This is simply not a moment for the kind of naïve, wishful thinking, supply-side economics that is being pursued in Britain.”

1663945162925.png

Fock yeah, Tories..........

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Living Images (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼