• Kilmurry

• Aghinagh

• St Mary's

• Tadhg MacCarthaighs

• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Incorrect. It was 50/50 between both keepers all year in the league in 2020. Ronan actually started the first round in championship that year. Then for the next round Diarmuid got his place back on the team. Ronan was commuting from Galway and made the decision to stop commuting if his place wasn't guaranteed. A fair enough decision by him as the commute was tough enough as it was. But it must have been a tough decision for management as both goalkeepers are equally as good as each other. It is like any player fighting for his place on the team, someone will unfortunately lose out. Every manager has their own ideas of players and teams so each management's decisions has to be respected. I think it was unfair on the current Buttevant manager to point blame towards the previous manager.

Anyway Buttevant won and deservedly so and the current management should be greatly credited for pulling it together help them to win it, especially after losing the previous two finals. I'm sure the current manager will regret his comments as his comments got a lot of unwanted attention.
We’ve always looked to NCS for fair and balanced comment on matters Cork North ( Honda Gaels strangely absent ?? ) so I’d take it as read on this particular saga.

We’ve always looked to NCS for fair and balanced comment on matters Cork North ( Honda Gaels strangely absent ?? ) so I’d take it as read on this particular saga.
Anything I'd say about them would need to be taken with a pinch of salt considering my allegiance! Wasn't at the final. Couldn't watch them with in it churhtown haha. I'd have great time for Pat Spratt though, when Glanworth beat us in 2011 he was nothing but sympathetic and sporting, he's also helped us massively the past few years with setting up an underage structure so to hear him slated publicly doesn't sit right with me. I don't know the situation going on with the keeper but I know Pat would have done what he thought was right. The current manager they had was over Kilshannig going back a few years ago and a good friend of mine played on that team and he felt Hanlon took them backwards.

Anything I'd say about them would need to be taken with a pinch of salt considering my allegiance! Wasn't at the final. Couldn't watch them with in it churhtown haha. I'd have great time for Pat Spratt though, when Glanworth beat us in 2011 he was nothing but sympathetic and sporting, he's also helped us massively the past few years with setting up an underage structure so to hear him slated publicly doesn't sit right with me. I don't know the situation going on with the keeper but I know Pat would have done what he thought was right. The current manager they had was over Kilshannig going back a few years ago and a good friend of mine played on that team and he felt Hanlon took them backwards.
2008 it was that Glanworth beat us and Pat was over them. Apologies

Have dealt with both for various reasons through the years. Spratt is a great Gaa man and the work he is doing underage with years underage since 2004 or 2005 should never go unnoticed. Always looked after Avondhu players that saw potential on county teams and I saw that first hand.
Joey is a bit of a drama queen and loves the attention. Heard a story of him bringing a Mallow Jersey (who he was involved with previously ) into a Kilshannig dressing room and ripping it up before a game.
To be fair on reflection he didn't say too much out the way and it's a tad bit over reacted.
Joey and Pat clearly have had there differences and his interview has been more spoken than the topic on this forum.

I believe that Buttevant can really kick on now after going up! They have some of the most promising talents in cork football in Hanlon, o neill and mark lenehan. Along with former players like Anthony o neill returning from abroad. They also have serious underage talent eligible for next year. Bill o riordain is a fine player. I believe he has a brother on the team this year. Aaron trimm who looks like he has huge potential. And David hanlon, Conors brother and joeys son looks like he could be better than his older brother. And in my opinion IS better than his older brother. I believe with these players back and the new additions to the squad I believe Buttevant can kick on and be the next knocknagree. Time will tell
The next Knocknagree…. this crowd have thus far have only scraped out of North Cork haven’t even won a single county and are comparing them to knocknagree!!!!
Ah come on is this guy serious!!!

The only thing to me they have in common is a manger that’s fond of themselves!!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼