• Kilmurry

• Aghinagh

• St Mary's

• Tadhg MacCarthaighs

• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
They’re well able to compete for both for sure and if they do both they could be representing Cork in Munster back to back. Junior A does seem to be such a bottleneck, that once you can get out of there it seems to get easier at times almost, the intermediate grades have a fair few sides that got stuck up there years back and couldn’t get relegated then.

Think the 5 county wide grades will work well going forward once they even out. Divisions still need some fixing next though. Still all in favour of opening Junior A and beyond into countywide championships with multiple sides up and down each year.
A new 6th tier called Junior intermediate would be your idea? I was thinking along the same lines with maybe amalgamating divisions in Junior A, rather than asking maybe the likes of Youghal to have to play a game deep in West Corkif it was county wide?

For example something like
Imokilly, Avondhu
Beara, Carbery,
Duhallow, Muskerry
Seandun, Carrigdhoun

A new 6th tier called Junior intermediate would be your idea? I was thinking along the same lines with maybe amalgamating divisions in Junior A, rather than asking maybe the likes of Youghal to have to play a game deep in West Corkif it was county wide?

For example something like
Imokilly, Avondhu
Beara, Carbery,
Duhallow, Muskerry
Seandun, Carrigdhoun
I was thinking more along the lines of making an open county championship of say 32 Junior A teams, same with Junior B and so on and so forth, move a few up and down each year, given there’s huge discrepancies between the divisions, give everyone equal footing from the start, same number of games etc. and in time everything will even out.

The divisions are just too varied nowadays and the way some run their championship is a bit all over the place at times, some divisions are cramming in midweek games to keep up whilst others are finished. Beara has had one Junior A team for a few years now, Duhallow has lost the majority of teams that made it competitive and Seandun just doesn’t seem to care about changing with the times and adding a group stage, personally don’t think merging divisions fixes some of the overall pressing issues within the grade. An open county draw would give everyone more structure and can only be an improvement on what we have now.

Wouldn’t worry too much about travel, leagues could be regionalised and championship games would be at locations to suit both sides as much as possible, Youghal had to play Adrigole a few times when they were still intermediate football and these sort of games can happen at any grade above Junior A as is anyway and will probably be happening in Premier Junior next season given Urhan’s presence, Adrigole and Kilshannig played each other this season too and there must be a good 2 hours between those two.

All hypothetical of course and unlikely to happen with divisional board pushback but I personally think it’s the way forward.

I think Sundays final between Buttevant and Charleville will depend on the fitness of Shane O'Callaghan. He was in a boot the last time I seen him and he missed the semi final but the final will be the type of game that suits him to the ground. Played with Cork development squads underage so he's well used to the big occasion

Brilliant win for buttevant in front of a good crowd in Churchtown.
It’s really the year to win this divisional championships, with the coveted premier junior spot at stake.
Dare I say, The 5 year plan starts now!!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

11th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼