What are you listening to right now???

What did he say about Cork?
The opening lines were originally about a.guy, not a girl. I don't remember fully but it was something like:

"He came.from Cork, he had a thirst for Beamish.
He studied med'cin but was far too squeamish."

"He was so fat they called him Billy Bunter.
His wife was ugly she was quite the munter."

As I said, I don't remember it fully, but that's the gist of if. I'll do a bit.of digging and.see if there was more / correct the above.

D
The opening lines were originally about a.guy, not a girl. I don't remember fully but it was something like:

"He came.from Cork, he had a thirst for Beamish.
He studied med'cin but was far too squeamish."

"He was so fat they called him Billy Bunter.
His wife was ugly she was quite the munter."

As I said, I don't remember it fully, but that's the gist of if. I'll do a bit.of digging and.see if there was more / correct the above.
Do ya, while your at it can you uncover Oasis 's original lyrics for WonderWall which referred to a druggie from East Wall in Dublin.

D
Do ya, while your at it can you uncover Oasis 's original lyrics for WonderWall which referred to a druggie from East Wall in Dublin.
You could be on to something there. Wonderwall was a reference / tip of the hat to George Harrison's Wonderwall album. George's mother's family were from Dublin. (He visited them when the Beatles came to Dublin in '63.) Though I don't know if there was a.specific East Wall connection.

Let me.do a bit of digging and I'll get back to you.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼