Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

I think that wanker on Red fm had him on a few days ago? He was giving out about refugees or something to that effect. I quickly turned it off.
Most losers out there just try to get on with it and hold on to a bit of dignity. Some will make a solid effort to try and make their lives better.
Then there's the national party lot. A small pack of pathetic cunts.

I think that wanker on Red fm had him on a few days ago? He was giving out about refugees or something to that effect. I quickly turned it off.
Most losers out there just try to get on with it and hold on to a bit of dignity. Some will make a solid effort to try and make their lives better.
Then there's the national party lot. A small pack of pathetic cunts.
Googling his name brings up an ad for a masons business with antivax hashtags.

Heard on with Mick a few weeks back and he came across as just an honest builder type, who gave up some of his time to help in a project aimed at helping the homeless but pulled his services on hearing it was for exclusively for Ukrainian refugees. Made out he was sold a pup and you may be forgiven for taking his side, at that stage. He then went on about a few other things that should make an open minded listener squeeze on the brakes of empathy.

Clearly this geezer had an agenda. Fast forward a few weeks and Cork's very own Partridge gave him a decent enough platform to vent his ire at not being able to buy a hat and scarf(in the heat) in a charity store for Ukrainians only(an utterly ridiculous and divisive concept that should be stopped and banned). Of all the shops in Cork City he chose that one, but hey-ho, Tommy O'Robinson would not be swayed. The guy is a right-wing agitator/shit stirrer and going by the follow up messages and calls has, probably, a decent amount of supporters both vocal and silent.

As is typical in desperate times, the extreme gain traction, a guys like him, who stated on the show that fascism is not a bad thing, don't have to wait every 4 years for someone to call to his door and hear his worries. He's on the internet researching and forming and putting out his own opinions to a public who are sick shit of just about everything right now.

Him and his kind are dangerous individuals and will find traction with their "Ireland for the Irish" horseshit that they put out to the simple minded. Easier to punch down than up I guess. I'm pretty sure he stated that he lived and worked in Canada for a spell. Glad they sorted out their homeless problem before they allowed him the privilege to be an economic migrant.

Last edited:
Heard on with Mick a few weeks back and he came across as just an honest builder type, who gave up some of his time to help in a project aimed at helping the homeless but pulled his services on hearing it was for exclusively for Ukrainian refugees. Made out he was sold a pup and you may be forgiven for taking his side, at that stage. He then went on about a few other things that should make an open minded listener squeeze on the brakes of empathy. Clearly this geezer had an agenda. Fast forward a few weeks and Cork's very own Partridge gave him a decent enough platform to vent his ire at not being able to buy a hat and scarf(in the heat) in a charity store for Ukrainians only(an utterly ridiculous and divisive concept that should be stopped and banned). Of all the shops in Cork City he chose that one, but hey-ho, Tommy O'Robinson would not be swayed. The guy is a right-wing agitator/shit stirrer and going by the follow up messages and calls has, probably, a decent amount of supporters both vocal and silent. As is typical in desperate times, the extreme gain traction, a guys like him, who stated on the show that fascism is not a bad thing, don't have to wait every 4 years for someone to call to his door and hear his worries. He's on the internet researching and forming and putting out his own opinions to a public who are sick shit of just about everything right now. Him and his kind are dangerous individuals and will find traction with their "Ireland for the Irish" horseshit that they put out to the simple minded. Easier to punch down than up I guess. I'm pretty sure he stated that he lived and worked in Canada for a spell. Glad they sorted out their homeless problem before they allowed him the privilege to be an economic migrant.
Yeah ,the Canadians are very happy with Justin.
Anyone here had dealings with this character? Article in todays Sunday Times about the Irish far right in which he features prominently.
What are the qualifications necessary to become a far right member these days? Is a swastika tattoo a must have? I presume a skinhead is a must, and perhaps a belief that only a woman can have a baby?
Obviously wanting a vetted immigration system like that of new Zealand and Australia would gain far right party membership and certainly wanting to perhaps house your home countries people first is an instant pass.
If one was to object to native countrymen being evicted to house persons in need from another land,that would put one on the path to far right extremism.
And of course we must not forget those right wing nutters also believe its only a childhood phase if there 10 year old girl comes to them and says she wants hormonal suppression because she is really a boy. Not to mention their traditional family values such as believe in the rights of the unborn child. These people are truly ignorant deluded simpletons for sure !

Plenty of material for right wing to stir it and win adherents, anti vax,conspiracy theories, fuel costs, war in Ukraine, housing crisis, immigration etc. Just like Germany in the 30s they need a crisis to stroke a sense of grievance and hate to gain adherents

Yeah ,the Canadians are very happy with Justin.

What are the qualifications necessary to become a far right member these days? Is a swastika tattoo a must have? I presume a skinhead is a must, and perhaps a belief that only a woman can have a baby?
Obviously wanting a vetted immigration system like that of new Zealand and Australia would gain far right party membership and certainly wanting to perhaps house your home countries people first is an instant pass.
If one was to object to native countrymen being evicted to house persons in need from another land,that would put one on the path to far right extremism.
And of course we must not forget those right wing nutters also believe its only a childhood phase if there 10 year old girl comes to them and says she wants hormonal suppression because she is really a boy. Not to mention their traditional family values such as believe in the rights of the unborn child. These people are truly ignorant deluded simpletons for sure !

The old image of the skinhead being a right wing storm trooper is as dated as it is incorrect. Go to city A it's a right-wing thing, city B it's left, city C, it's neither.

Personally, speaking as someone who is pro-immigration, I see no issue with vetted immigration however, Irish first would certainly not be on my agenda. I can only explain it like this. A vacant house comes up next door. Choice A, a newly arrived non-European family of 5. Hard working, involved locally in sports, tidy towns, decent and responsible. Choice B, the local baby machine, on her own(but partner no.4 is there), kids running riot, contributes fk all, noise, parties and a general nuisance from Thursday to Sunday. Take your time.

If a 10 year old girl feels she is a boy I certainly wouldn't be shipping her off for life altering surgery/courses of medication. That argument belongs to neither left nor right, but the parents.
As I previously said, it's easier to punch down than up and the government can thank the Ukrainians for the switch fire and taking the heat on the housing issue. Publicly stating that the doors are open unlimited to Ukrainian refugees in the middle of a housing "crisis" was sheer lunacy. They'll be gone next election and so says every vox pop out there. Who do people think will solve the *take your pick crisis? The likes of this Blighe character and NP are not the answer but people seem to be becoming more insular than ever. I know my uncle who always seemed a tolerant type has become so fucking anti immigration it's not even funny anymore. As for SF, their policy on immigration will (if it hasn't already)shock their traditional support who would be "Ireland for the Irish" types. It will be like a night of long knives(metaphorically) when they ditch the hardcore in favour of SF Lite woke and new immigrant votes in a similar fashion to New Labour in the 90s in order to secure future votes.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Peader O Callaghan

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼