The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

Country grill? :unsure: . You can find them on the old youghal road at glanmire national school sometimes too
That's on a Saturday, Kinsale Road on a Friday (actually bought from there yesterday), Carrigaline and iirc Fermoy other days. Great value, and a lovely guy running it. He used to be opposite McDonald's and it bombed, but now he's down 600m in the Dublin Providers car park, he's flying it

Had lunch in a big pub in Killarney today. Average as shit tbh and overpriced.

But the icing on the cake was a young lad arriving in for his shift and being told in front of everyone "oh are you on today as well? It's too quiet, head off there".

And people wonder why the hospitality sector struggles to attract staff. That fella probably planned his weekend around having to be in work at 4pm on Saturday, with a few quid in the pocket after, and he was treated like that. Disgusts me.

Had lunch in a big pub in Killarney today. Average as shit tbh and overpriced.

But the icing on the cake was a young lad arriving in for his shift and being told in front of everyone "oh are you on today as well? It's too quiet, head off there".

And people wonder why the hospitality sector struggles to attract staff. That fella probably planned his weekend around having to be in work at 4pm on Saturday, with a few quid in the pocket after, and he was treated like that. Disgusts me.
Can we name? The biggest pub would be the Dromhall or Scotts but Scotts would be busy

In between Covid lockdowns I was in Dingle about 2 years ago and was in a relatively famous pub/restaurant. I ordered hake in breadcrumbs. It quite literally looked and tasted as if it came out of the freezer from a Findus box. Pure rubbery. Last month I was persuaded to return for a meal, this time it was called beer-battered hake. It was sublime. So good that the following evening I had it again as a takeaway meal. Maybe they changed owners/chef. The same house staff there for years.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Gerald Ahern

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼