The Official Athletics Thread

She was so smooth when she moved up on Muir at that 500m mark.

She went the long way round the bend too thats bloody hard. Lane 2 is 6.8m longer than lane one per bend. And she still held off the charge. Helen Clitheroe deserves a lot of credit. They seem to get on like a house on fire and 10 grand in the bank.

It qualifies her for the DL final in Zurich she'll be on 18 points so another day to her season. Outstanding..

Shout out to Whiteman too. The only 1:43 this year from anyone

3:56!!!! Wow, that is off the charts -absolutely smashes Sonia’s mark. It was a real race too - tactics required as well as guts. Hats off to Mageean, that’s made the night 👍
And she was there, great picture.

FbreGHRXwAE6LFW

First time running under 4.00 and takes 2 seconds off Sonia's time?!!

I think we'd be asking a lot of questions if she wernt Irish lads 🙄
Dan, I have to agree. At her age, that is a huge improvement - about 3.5 secs. I don't know anything about her training regime and her coaches but you're right when you say we'd be asking questions if she were anything but Irish. The little boy in me hopes it's all natural.

Dan, I have to agree. At her age, that is a huge improvement - about 3.5 secs. I don't know anything about her training regime and her coaches but you're right when you say we'd be asking questions if she were anything but Irish. The little boy in me hopes it's all natural.

Yup.

Tops her pb by 3.5 at 30?!

I hate to rain on the parade but if it were a non Irish runner we'd all be calling goofballs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cardinals
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

26th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Gong Show

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼