Cyclists

Now that John Rightobikeit Grace (information already in the public domain)is spending his time giving out about the proc on Twitter instead of out on his bicycle, both he and everyone else on the roads are a little safer.

Has the lycra loony defamed people on this PROC thread on his righttobike twitter feed? I wonder if Jank will have a word with him(self) :ROFLMAO:

Ya, but there is no quantification of the reactions he get. Throw a few fucks at him sure but Jesus using your vehicle to deliberately cause him harm is beyond the pale.
Again agreed.
But no provocation no reaction.
There's obviously no justification for harming anyone on the road with a car, bike or anything.

Let's assume for the sake of argument the person in question decided in the morning to cycle as you do, there'd be no issue.

The key is the why......why go looking for it? Why revel in it? Why have 50 complaints made to AGS (reportedly)? Why not just cycle from a to b ? Because it is clear the person wants to. Wants the aggro. I mentioned mutual respect a few times in this thread and the answer this morning was in other words you want the cyclist to stop, get off their bike and let you pass......that's not cycling advocacy - that's someone who wants to and enjoys taking on motorists. On the road that is inherently unsafe for ALL road users including himself.

Again agreed.
But no provocation no reaction.
There's obviously no justification for harming anyone on the road with a car, bike or anything.

Let's assume for the sake of argument the person in question decided in the morning to cycle as you do, there'd be no issue.

The key is the why......why go looking for it? Why revel in it? Why have 50 complaints made to AGS (reportedly)? Why not just cycle from a to b ? Because it is clear the person wants to. Wants the aggro. I mentioned mutual respect a few times in this thread and the answer this morning was in other words you want the cyclist to stop, get off their bike and let you pass......that's not cycling advocacy - that's someone who wants to and enjoys taking on motorists. On the road that is inherently unsafe for ALL road users including himself.
That was easy for me to say though as I cycle for leisure and never rushing or cycling at the speeds he does, I'd say he cycles upwards of over 100km a day so he is bound to get in to scrapes with motorists whether looking for it or not with that amount of travel. Just take the majority of videos posted here, he has done nothing to warrant the ire of the motorists. People here aren't being subjective when looking at the videos because of who is involved, imagine if it was you or your were the cyclist in the video and what your attitude would be if you were getting punishment passes for no reason every day of the week. I genuinely can understand his anger and his provocative nature( I don't agree with it), like this isn't a new concept to him, he was on with Neil on RedFM back in 2016 about the videos.

That was easy for me to say though as I cycle for leisure and never rushing or cycling at the speeds he does, I'd say he cycles upwards of over 100km a day so he is bound to get in to scrapes with motorists whether looking for it or not with that amount of travel. Just take the majority of videos posted here, he has done nothing to warrant the ire of the motorists. People here aren't being subjective when looking at the videos because of who is involved, imagine if it was you or your were the cyclist in the video and what your attitude would be if you were getting punishment passes for no reason every day of the week. I genuinely can understand his anger and his provocative nature( I don't agree with it), like this isn't a new concept to him, he was on with Neil on RedFM back in 2016 about the videos.

Jees - Carrigaline must be further out of town than I thought. :unsure:

And you the guy picking other posters up on their spelling (again today) - it might help if you knew the difference between Subjective and Objective. Just saying like. 😇

Jees - Carrigaline must be further out of town than I thought. :unsure:

And you the guy picking other posters up on their spelling (again today) - it might help if you knew the difference between Subjective and Objective. Just saying like. 😇

Ya, that's the only daily cycling he does, d'oh. As I said this morning, g'wan ya langer or least read his twitter feed.

Yeah, he seems a needlessly provocative person, and takes it upon himself to be the law, but these things are happening to him regularly and someone is going to end up hurting him badly. When they do they are fucked because a judge will not assess it as the SpeedYs etc. on here do. I see it so often myself, the difference being that I couldn't be arsed doing anything further about it.

I was out for a run last week on a rural narrow road. I was running towards the traffic on the right hand side, and 2 elderly cyclists were just ahead of me on the left hand side. This gobshite towing a decent sized boat comes from behind me, sees an approaching car ahead, and instead of pulling in and waiting he floors it, missed me by about a foot, and then pulls back in across the cyclist just after his jeep had cleared them rather than the trailer. I'd say he misses the front cyclist by one or two inches after they jammed on their brakes.. and all to end up maybe 20 seconds ahead of where he would be if he had waited, but fucking cyclists and fucking runners and all that

Thats the kind of shit that gets those people home and never taking the bikes out again

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Kisses, Juozas (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5pm

More events ▼