The official Premier League 22/23 thread

The premier league is just going the way of the Bundesliga with Bayern/City walking it every year.

I didn't bother to watch West Ham day as it was a foregone conclusion imo.

More than most teams, I thought West Ham had some of the tools you'd need to make life tough for them

- Two solid DMs in Soucek & Rice
- Pace and power in the final third (esp. Bowen & Antonio)

Pretty discouraging that they didn't create anything of note.

More than most teams, I thought West Ham had some of the tools you'd need to make life tough for them

- Two solid DMs in Soucek & Rice
- Pace and power in the final third (esp. Bowen & Antonio)

Pretty discouraging that they didn't create anything of note.
You need to keep the ball better against City though and make a go at pressing them during the game so that they don’t continuously just pin you in.

If it was easy then most teams would do it. It’s clearly very hard to get at them but the teams that keep the ball better and are brave against them do tend to get more joy.

Of course you can't be profligate with the ball against City, but I'm not sure being generally neat & tidy with the ball is a key factor in beating them.

Only Palace & Spurs (twice) beat them last season and, to a large degree, they did it through:

• Trying to knock them off their stride with strong/high pressing
  • Being clinical with the chance which come your way
  • Hoping that City aren't overly clinical at the other end

More so than any other time in PL history, it's crucial that don't go behind against this City side. When they get their noses in front they control the game exceptionally well but also

...when they do go behind they often get quite ruffled, as it's not something they often have to deal with, and for a side of their level they don't win very often when they fall behind. It has hurt them in Europe even more you'd argue.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼