Cork hurling goalkeepers 2022

Think most clubs in Cork have very good goalkeepers, in all the grades.
Playing at inter county standard is a whole other story but we're talking club level here. I haven't seen too many poor keepers at senior & inter club level really. Obviously everyone will have errors at times but in general I've found the standard solid

I agree with that. Some of the standouts for me so far this year have been Donal Maher, Douglas. He has a great ability to find a man both short and long. Oisín Hennessy from Bandon is another one. Has a massive strike of the ball and is about 6 foot 5 or so. Eoin O’Neill from Blarney is another one to watch. Was in goals for CBC in the Harty cup a few years back.

Generally very hard to break on to the panel for a goalie. Historically it's been the u21 keeper steps up as understudy to the senior established keeper. First time in a long time that the no. 1 keeper isn't that established. His brother being understudy doesn't really help. Could and should probably be one of 8/9 gks who have been u21/u20 started the last 9 or 10 years. (Ger could just as easily be number 1)

Saw Ger was corner forward recently for the club and got taken off half way through after scoring a point

I agree with that. Some of the standouts for me so far this year have been Donal Maher, Douglas. He has a great ability to find a man both short and long. Oisín Hennessy from Bandon is another one. Has a massive strike of the ball and is about 6 foot 5 or so. Eoin O’Neill from Blarney is another one to watch. Was in goals for CBC in the Harty cup a few years back.
Cathal Hickey Glen
Shane Devlin, currently injured Carrigtwohill

Hard to break into senior county team really, always been a settled position thankfully

In 40 years you've only had 4 keepers, Cunningham, Donal Og, Nash , Collins
Which is unbelievable really, if you look at the number other counties have used. I'd say likes of Galway/Waterford used 4 in three years at times!!

Hard to break into senior county team really, always been a settled position thankfully

In 40 years you've only had 4 keepers, Cunningham, Donal Og, Nash , Collins
Which is unbelievable really, if you look at the number other counties have used. I'd say likes of Galway/Waterford used 4 in three years at times!!
Coleman,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Paco Peña
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

7th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼