Cyclists

Christ above, nearly 600 pages of something that sounds like a bunch of aul wans chewing the fat. Has anyone got any stats to back up the idea that cyclists are the baddies in all of this? No? Didn't think so.

Continue driving around, whinging about the experience and completely over inflating the danger cyclists pose to any other road users bar themselves while the government and planners implement policy that is focused on everything but cars. Or you could chill out and realise that all that really matters is that everyone gets where they are going safely, not the endless stream of 'near misses' the likes of SoundY dream up. Some asshole pushing a woman in Australia doesn't change any of that

Worked in Gothenburg for a while. Was amazed at how many people were cycling in bad weather. As the saying goes, no such as bad weather, only bad clothes.

The saying is 'there is no such thing as bad weather only the wrong clothes'.

Either way we in the Munster region live in one of the areas with the highest average rainfall levels in Europe.

Screenshot_20220810-142006_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Comparisons with Sweden are way off.

Christ above, nearly 600 pages of something that sounds like a bunch of aul wans chewing the fat. Has anyone got any stats to back up the idea that cyclists are the baddies in all of this? No? Didn't think so.

Continue driving around, whinging about the experience and completely over inflating the danger cyclists pose to any other road users bar themselves while the government and planners implement policy that is focused on everything but cars. Or you could chill out and realise that all that really matters is that everyone gets where they are going safely, not the endless stream of 'near misses' the likes of SoundY dream up. Some asshole pushing a woman in Australia doesn't change any of that

Have you got stats to back up the idea that motorists are the baddies in all of this Honky? No? Didn't think so. But unsurprised with your infantile attempt at justification.

I don't "dream up" near misses Honky. Just because I don't act the gowl like the lycra-mob and wear a dash-cam looking for offence when I'm out on the streets doesn't mean that those incidents I've related didn't happen. They did. And they regularly do on the streets of Cork, even if you claim you've never seen a cyclist cycling on the footpath in dublin.

There's good and bad in the cycling and motorist and pedestrian fraternaties, but I don't honestly think motorists have an equivalent of that clown John Grace. And in all of this, the coterie that seem to get forgotten/ignored seems to be pedestrians who are "bottom of the food chain" when it comes to road use and who should, according to you anyway, just grin and bear it rather than "dream up" (as if they have to) near misses with w@nkers on bikes.

Have you got stats to back up the idea that motorists are the baddies in all of this Honky? No? Didn't think so. But unsurprised with your infantile attempt at justification.
Yes actually, wouldn't have thought it was that obscure but here's a site full of stats

30-odd car accidents in Donegal last weekend alone had the Gardai pleading with motorists to cop on, I must have missed the cyclist pile ups everywhere
I don't "dream up" near misses Honky. Just because I don't act the gowl like the lycra-mob and wear a dash-cam looking for offence when I'm out on the streets doesn't mean that those incidents I've related didn't happen. They did. And they regularly do on the streets of Cork, even if you claim you've never seen a cyclist cycling on the footpath in dublin.
If you witness that amount of near misses then the chances are that you are the problem SoundY.. because it is not normal. I cycle during the day and drive in the afternoons, I dont see anything like the levels of near misses you do. Less flashing the lights and honking the horn and more concentration please

There's good and bad in the cycling and motorist and pedestrian fraternaties, but I don't honestly think motorists have an equivalent of that clown John Grace. And in all of this, the coterie that seem to get forgotten/ignored seems to be pedestrians who are "bottom of the food chain" when it comes to road use and who should, according to you anyway, just grin and bear it rather than "dream up" (as if they have to) near misses with w@nkers on bikes.

Good man, and the difference is that bad drivers kill people, bad cyclists will almost certainly hurt themselves worse than anyone else. For all of the whinging that goes on where are the stats that show that cyclists are mowing pedestrians down, or causing numerous cars to crash?

Motorists are bound by very strict regulation that is a consequence of the level of danger their vehicle presents - cyclists can get away with more intuitive behaviour.. deal with it instead of taking notes FFS

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼