Cork Camogie 2022

That was a very tough one to lose. Considering where we were in the first 20 mins we did great. Thought we should have pushed on when we weee 2 up with a few mins left. We dropped a lot of ball near the end and KK made hay out of that. I don’t think the keeper could have done anything about the goal. She found a cork player from the puck out and that player was overturned, shot took a bad deflection. Running backwards with sun in her eyes I thought she might catch it but momentum would have carried her over the line. She was goosed either way and did her best. She saved it but there were no defenders there to get rid of the ball. Only one within 20 yards of her ended up in the net behind her. That’s just bad luck. Sickening but there ya go. I’m sure KK were sickened a few years ago when we won by a point in the dying seconds with that free. Swings and roundabouts.

That was a very tough one to lose. Considering where we were in the first 20 mins we did great. Thought we should have pushed on when we weee 2 up with a few mins left. We dropped a lot of ball near the end and KK made hay out of that. I don’t think the keeper could have done anything about the goal. She found a cork player from the puck out and that player was overturned, shot took a bad deflection. Running backwards with sun in her eyes I thought she might catch it but momentum would have carried her over the line. She was goosed either way and did her best. She saved it but there were no defenders there to get rid of the ball. Only one within 20 yards of her ended up in the net behind her. That’s just bad luck. Sickening but there ya go. I’m sure KK were sickened a few years ago when we won by a point in the dying seconds with that free. Swings and roundabouts.
Sums up a shite year again for Cork GAA
For such a large county/population
We seriously under perform year in
year out
No one seems to have any answers
Tbh I think we’ve been genuinely shite for decades- all grades
Yeah our youngest do well on occasion and our ladies
etc but overall for what we have - facilities
We are shite-
County board need to take a serious look at themselves
Much smaller counties consistently out perform us

Where were Cork in the 1st half period when they went 6 points down? They left themselves with a lot to do on a hot day. Cork played as individuals in attack bereft of teamwork relying too much on hand passing compared to Kilkenny's stickwork. The attack also plays too far from goal relying on individuals breaking with speed. These issues existed last year and in the league final so Davy hasn't made a bit of difference to the coaching side of things or regarding results as I predicted when he got the job. Orla Cronin, Pamela Mackey and Linda Collins all a huge loss and unless they return Cork need some new players and maybe more than the management believe. The better team won today.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼