The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Im torn m8s. On the one hand I want ye to do well in the handy run ye have so ETH doesn't get any new signings.

On the other hand, that comes at the expense of immediate :lol!:s and as any of my exes will no doubt attest, delayed gratification is not my bag baby.

But ultimately I have to look back and think I would've gone without some of the :lol!:s had it kept Ole at the wheel.

So I'll happily forego a few :lol!:s if it means ye get no signings.

Stay tuned for more Bandon_Y on the bog musings!

E.D. or P.E. ?

United's summer long pursuit of De Jong in tasty gif format

Lol, twas fairly bad alright. You'd have to wonder what other players have turned them down privately.

If the players are looking away from Utd the (non legacy) fans will follow.

If ETH doesn't succeed (relatively speaking), you'd have to think no top manager would be willing to take on that job without contractually binding transfer kitty obligations.

You often said any manager coming into Utd has 2 full seasons to do something or they can off to fock. Would you still hold to that? Genuine question.

You often said any manager coming into Utd has 2 full seasons to do something or they can off to fock. Would you still hold to that? Genuine question.

It depends on the appointment.

Solskjaer was always going to fail. He has been managing as long as Pep and his CV was pitiful.

They sacked Mourinho without any succession plan. Poch should have been in the door. Its cost them 3, soon to be 4 seasons.

The legwork for fucking up the next few years on the pitch was done by Ole. Off the pitch the internal appointment of Murtough the commercial manager to director of football was crazy, same with Arnold as CEO. They've no relevant experience to do the job. The complete clusterfuck this summer is testament to that. 10 players out, 3 in and no key problem positions addressed.

I don't know a whole pile about Ten Hag, I hear he ignored Rangnick's transfer recommendations. Fair enough. He will be the one getting his p45 if it doesn't work out.

I hope Im wrong but I can see him being under intense pressure by this stage next year. The squad is terrible and the recruitment is a shambles.

Do you mean a big name manager should only get 2 years? Would you be willing to give the likes of Rooney more time if Utd appointed a real DOF who had a long term plan?

Do you mean a big name manager should only get 2 years? Would you be willing to give the likes of Rooney more time if Utd appointed a real DOF who had a long term plan?

I don't think any manager could win trophies with the current squad.

That midfield is shocking.
They might have a rattle off the Europa league but that's it

A net spend of less than 50 million with a squad that needed a serious overhaul is pathetic.

I don't think any manager could win trophies with the current squad.

That midfield is shocking.
They might have a rattle off the Europa league but that's it

A net spend of less than 50 million with a squad that needed a serious overhaul is pathetic.

So you're starting to open up to the idea of a medium to long term rebuild/project?

I'd say you're looking at a 3-5 year plan unless ye spend half a billion in one summer and basically pay everyone to fock off

So you're starting to open up to the idea of a medium to long term rebuild/project?

I'd say you're looking at a 3-5 year plan unless ye spend half a billion in one summer and basically pay everyone to fock off

No, I'm not.

Managers don't get that length of time.
Results sour, fans turn, bullet time.

They've set up Ten Hag to fail by not performing the necessary surgery to the squad.When they sack him (and they will) the list of candidates willing to take over won't be so stellar.

Tbh a few more shit seasons isnt the worst thing in the world as it will force a sale by the mutants.

Tbh a few more shit seasons isnt the worst thing in the world as it will force a sale by the mutmutants
That's it in a nutshell. If ETH has any sense he'd walk out now, declare he was sold a bunch of bullshit and it wouldn't harm his reputation one bit.

@ Handy, I'd be all for giving a guy time if he was making genuine year on year progress. Didn't do the SSBs any harm with the whinging one.

But ETH is fucked unless he performs a miracle. Good luck with that with the likes of Maguire, McFred and rashford at the heart of your team

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼