The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would any Government sign up to an 8 or 10% commitment for the P.S. when the P.S. unions and the Govt are talking about a 5% raise?

Shoving a big pay increase during an inflationary period is just poor economics.
The Government might be talking about 5% ( Ive not seen it tbh) but the Unions certainly are not.

You do know its ok to admit you were wrong. No one will think any less of you. God knows I've been wrong plenty of times on here.

So were you wrong about the Unions looking for 5%? If not can you provide a link to show where they did.

Thanks.

Stacky said:
Why would any Government sign up to an 8 or 10% commitment for the P.S. when the P.S. unions and the Govt are talking about a 5% raise?

RTE NEWS 18-06-22

The Irish Congress of Trade Unions said in a statement that the Government had offered supplementary pay rises of 2.5% for the period 2021-2022 and a further 2.5% pay rise for next year - numbers which ICTU said fell far short of inflation.

Government sources were quick to point out that the increases would come on top of a 2% rise already in place under the existing public sector pay agreement, delivering a cumulative rise of 7% and bringing the total cost of the pay deal to €2.3 billion.

"We've been clear from the beginning of this process that we could not chase inflation and it was important to avoid measures that would exacerbate inflationary pressures," they said.

If you think that the Unions are going to get 8-10% rise from the State the only way that will happen if they somehow will the Euro Millions every single week.

You do know its ok to admit you were wrong. No one will think any less of you. God knows I've been wrong plenty of times on here.

So were you wrong about the Unions looking for 5%? If not can you provide a link to show where they did.

Thanks.

Stacky said:

RTE NEWS 18-06-22

The Irish Congress of Trade Unions said in a statement that the Government had offered supplementary pay rises of 2.5% for the period 2021-2022 and a further 2.5% pay rise for next year - numbers which ICTU said fell far short of inflation.

Government sources were quick to point out that the increases would come on top of a 2% rise already in place under the existing public sector pay agreement, delivering a cumulative rise of 7% and bringing the total cost of the pay deal to €2.3 billion.

"We've been clear from the beginning of this process that we could not chase inflation and it was important to avoid measures that would exacerbate inflationary pressures," they said.

If you think that the Unions are going to get 8-10% rise from the State the only way that will happen if they somehow will the Euro Millions every single week.

So once again I'll ask - where did the Unions talk about a 5% rise? The only 5% they mentioned was the governments one.

The 8-10% is my opinion. If I'm wrong I'll come out and admit it. I won't beat around the bush because I dont like being wrong.

So once again I'll ask - where did the Unions talk about a 5% rise? The only 5% they mentioned was the governments one.

The 8-10% is my opinion. If I'm wrong I'll come out and admit it
. I won't beat around the bush because I dont like being wrong.
You are almost there...............

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Meadhbh Walsh
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

31st May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Tony Roberts

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼