The Official Athletics Thread

Good show from Griggs. Was in a hard spot dragging the field when Kibet and Korir the ugandan and Kenyan went away.

Looked like he tracked Azize the Ethiopian with ease at 1500.

Hard to know how much was easing up and how much was getting tired but 8.04 or whatever it was is not crazy for him.

A good performance. They commentary team had him picked out from the start

He's got a good head on his shoulders, Guapo. Bright lad. Like most 'Burgers, he speaks four languages or so. Winner is on another level, but agree fully, Vivien could have screwed that up badly by trying to go with him
Tell Henz he should be rightly proud of himself.

Well done to him

Tell Henz he should be rightly proud of himself.

Well done to him
Yeah, I've had a short email exchange with him. Said I thought it was a real ballsy performance, that tussle with the Kenyan lad right at the bell....and remember Henz really is U20!!! Anyway, he said he'd gone out too quick and then felt he went too early with his big effort at almost 500 to go. But I think he knows too that it was a brave showing. Onwards and upwards now hopefully. Avoiding injuries the first challenge of course. I'll pass on your comment, Guapo.

Yeah, I've had a short email exchange with him. Said I thought it was a real ballsy performance, that tussle with the Kenyan lad right at the bell....and remember Henz really is U20!!! Anyway, he said he'd gone out too quick and then felt he went too early with his big effort at almost 500 to go. But I think he knows too that it was a brave showing. Onwards and upwards now hopefully. Avoiding injuries the first challenge of course. I'll pass on your comment, Guapo.
Do. The move with the 2nd Kenyan was the move.

Him getting pipped by Hussey and the yank doesn't matter. Only Henz of those 3 gave himself a shot at a medal.

The wheels came off in the last 50 but he'll be stronger the next day

Roisin Willis won the 800m in Cali yesterday in 1.59.08 for the US. Her first time under 2.

Found out this morning her mam Breda Dennehy is Irish and ran the 5k at the Sydney Games

The 3000 final was a bit chaotic after a 57sec first lap! I thought Griggs was right to hang back but that meant that there was no excitement for the rest of the race. At least not for our lad. I'm guessing he thought the Eritreans might bring him back into it but never happened.

I'll be keeping on eye on that Danish fella Lilleso. Between him and Vang Christiansen the fella who won euro cross they have a pair who could be excellent seniors

The comm games 1500m is on at 13.00. As stong as a worlds final. Only Ingy not there.

800m at 19:45 with Keeley, Muir and Moraa and 5000m striaght after at 20:10 Kimeli, Krop, Rambo and Beamish.

Twould make you nostalgic for the empire

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tony Milner

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼