The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

Was in cafe Mexicana recently for the first time in years, really enjoyed it.

Had nachos to share, then I had fish tacos and mm had enchiladas. I had churros for dessert and he had a pastry thing ( the bame of which escapes me). 2 drinks and 2 coffees and the bill came to €75 ex tip.

Was in cafe Mexicana recently for the first time in years, really enjoyed it.

Had nachos to share, then I had fish tacos and mm had enchiladas. I had churros for dessert and he had a pastry thing ( the bame of which escapes me). 2 drinks and 2 coffees and the bill came to €75 ex tip.

Cafe Mexicana is poor IMO. Far too cramped, and while the food is tasty they pack the plates with all kinds of unnecessary shite like the dry side salad that seems to accompany everything in there.

They do a fine margarita and like I said the food itself is tasty, but I think it's resting on its laurels.

They've also scrapped their €10 lunch offer as far as I know. A pity.

Tequila jacks is a far better proposition if you're looking for a meal out with a Mexican twist.

Pat O'Connell has expanded into Fish and Chips, now being served at An Sibin on Princes Street.

I'm actually amazed it's taken this long for him to venture into hot food. Will definitely be giving it a go.

Looks like they don’t give a shite. Wouldn’t encourage me to venture in there. If that’s the state of the outside one can only imagine what the kitchen looks like
1775A8FF-1556-493D-A718-234CA9C9B650.jpeg

Cafe Mexicana is poor IMO. Far too cramped, and while the food is tasty they pack the plates with all kinds of unnecessary shite like the dry side salad that seems to accompany everything in there.

They do a fine margarita and like I said the food itself is tasty, but I think it's resting on its laurels.

Tequila jacks is a far better proposition if you're looking for a meal out with a Mexican twist.
I'd be the opposite tbh, I have only been to Tequila Jacks once but I was really unimpressed by it.

I don't mind the small space, I think it makes it cosy.

Horses for courses I guess.

Glad to hear it. Was always fond of that place but it was feirce up and down. Good to know they're on the uptick again

Haven't been back in about 10 years. Haven't chanced Tequila Jacks yet.

BDSM or whatever Benny is calling it now is supposed to do good authentic Mexican grub at lunchtime has anyone been there?

MyGoodness the crowd in the market do an excellent vegan nacho thing when they do their farmers market thing at festivals. I wouldn't be bothered wity knock off cheese but the refried been thing is lovely

Went to the Fish Kitchen in Bantry at the weekend.

Its an excellent spot. Fresh fish done well. Served with no fuss.

Service was friendly. Very accommodating with kids.

65 quid for 4 of us. 2 adults 2 kids mains. 2 deserts. Is good value.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Kisses, Juozas (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Cinder Well

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼