The Official Celtic Thread

2-2 12 changes in the second half including subbing Ralston off for Urhoghide after a heavy challenge. The game was far more even after the changes. Blackburn started to threaten on the counter a bit more. Good to get game time into the legs of a few, including Rocco Vata and Bosun Lawal who represent Ireland. Vata looked bright enough. Lawal needs a lot of work I think but he has all the attributes to make it. Mikey Johnston continues to frustrate. James Forrest looks slower on the ball than he used to be. Siegrist looks an upgrade on any other reserve keeper..... lots to take from that. Blackburn looked really shite against the first team but did come into it when celtic started making changes. I think they are a couple of weeks behind in terms of preparation for the season.... it showed.

2-2 during the week against Legia Warsaw, same as the Blackburn game. Celtic miles better but changes threw things all out of kilter.

2-0 against Norwich yesterday. Norwich were much better than Blackburn were, so it was a decent run out. We didn't make changes til a bit later on yesterday.

Both new lads made their debuts as subs. Jenz looked really good. Mooy looked miles off it but that's to be expected.

Rangers heading for a loss already in the SPL. 1-0 down, should have been 2-0 and I don't think they had a shot on target. The new guys look brutal. Celtic will walk the league this year.

Edit. Good second half comeback, used all 5 subs, which made all the difference. Tbf, Rangers had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside and Livi should have had a clear red card in the first half, which wasn't given. No VAR in the SPL yet.

On another note, can't believe the SPL still allows clubs to use plastic pitches.

Last edited:
At the risk of everyone calling it the SPL, it's the SPFL now. The big rebrand hasn't worked. I get that... but I'm pedantic as fuck around the things designed largely to help a member club pretend they are older than they are.

The SPFL allowing plastic pitches is a shambles.

I'll say that before Celtic kick a ball on one this season as it's not, and never will be, an excuse for a poor result.

But it's not proper football.

The big kick off is only 90 minutes away. I am like a big child getting the replica kit on.

Rangers heading for a loss already in the SPL. 1-0 down, should have been 2-0 and I don't think they had a shot on target. The new guys look brutal. Celtic will walk the league this year.

Edit. Good second half comeback, used all 5 subs, which made all the difference. Tbf, Rangers had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside and Livi should have had a clear red card in the first half, which wasn't given. No VAR in the SPL yet.

On another note, can't believe the SPL still allows clubs to use plastic pitches.
That Livi pitch is something else altogether. A farce.
Had to do some shopping out there yesterday, heard both Rangers goals go in from the car park. Normally avoid the place when Celtic and rangers are playing there.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼